What hobbies (other than motorhoming) do you have? (1 Viewer)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
What hobbies ( other than motorhoming ?) do you have?

For me pastimes like fishing, CB radio, metal detecting etc. came and went, but I've always been into motorcycling (on and off road) and playing with my mates in various bands.

Probably more of a lifestyle rather than a hobbies.;)

What hobbies did you enjoy way back when, or even today ?

Any extreme sports or hobbies?

Or would fancy building one over these over a quiet weekend in the winter. :

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
image.jpeg
I built my 2 seater aircraft over 7 years and it's taken me to the canaries /north cape/ Croatia and over the top of mount blanc at 18000 ft,
fantastic way to travel if the weather is good, I tend to do my Motorhome touring outside the flying season,

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I don't really have hobbies as such, I read a lot, nordic walk every day for fitness, cross country ski in the winter, etc but as I've got older I have a bucket list of things I want to do which might turn into hobbies or could just be one off experiences.

This year I had a lesson in a glider and walked the length of the Leeds Liverpool canal (in stages). I also walked the coastal path from cardigan to Fishguard on my own as no one else would come with me (about 30 miles) whilst on hols. Not sure what I'll do next year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Like you bikes have been a constant in my life, in fact 57 years. Football has featured prominently also, playing, running youth sides and refereeing. I played badminton since '78 but had to give up recently because of knee troubles so the only other hobby left besides motorhomes, bikes and holidays is photography.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was a radio Amateur and keep meaning to get my license back. I enjoy studying up on a variety of science and technology subjects. The current interest is economics.
I mess about with my guitar occasionally. I do some programming for fun. I do a bit of joinery when I get the opportunity.

Currently trying to mix my electronics and programming hobby by playing with some arduino stuff.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I've dabbled in many things. I drove my friend's dragster in the 1970's (Uncle Scrumble - JCA30), I've done dingy sailing, windsurfing and crewing for friends on cruisers, a keen walker (until my back and knees gave out) and walked the Dorset coast path with my wife; a keen recumbent tryclist (Edinburgh to Dorchester in 11 days), and have always been into motorbikes since I was 18. Now I'm a sedentary old git who enjoys the MH life in between spending the kids' inheritance on fancy foreign holidays!

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Have tried many things over the years. Used to do road and stage rallies as co-driver/navigator. Still a keen fisherman, trout and sea mainly. Have done target and field archery and also am into classic cars and have a TR6. Like travel ..... obviously ...... and photography too ...... Phew! :)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Used to do a lot of motor sport stuff in my 30s and 40s, hill climbs ,bent sprints, mud plugs, standing start 1/4mile, Concours d'Elegance.
Went to Carrington Tech to study Horticulture when we bought the Orchard, (had too! didn't have a clue otherwise:rofl:)
Then took up surf casting. When we came back to the UK used to walk a lot, coastal path.
Throughout though, DIY(The houses we bought ,apart from 2 new ones, were all "handyman specials") and gardening, veggie patch stuff, and all the way through I collected Diecast

Don't do too much physical stuff now gardening & DIY is about as tough as it gets now. If I'm in the mood I do a bit of "Abbo" painting , but that is few and far between now.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Like the other Brian,this Brian is at his happiest when a day arrives with nothing to do but jump on one of my motorbikes and just head off to nowhere in particular.
Sadly those days don't seem to occur as often as I would like.
I am lucky enough to be able to tow my 3 bike trailer behind the camper with one or more of my bikes on to choose from,none of them massively expensive or sporty.
I also like to walk,watch Moto GP,read papers and factual stuff.
I also spend a lot of time working on my mobile home in Portugal or the 450 year old cottage here in France.
What ever you do just be happy and enjoy life,we only get one chance at it so live for today.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Walking the dog, Crown green bowling, trouble is we spend more time chatting and having a laugh. Don't know where the time goes.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bake, woodwork, leatherwork,and read used to hill walk till the body said take it easy. so life is more sedentary now,1/2 hr work 1/2 hr rest took time to adjust but life goes on :) :) :)

Leatherworking is something I have always wanted to try my hand at. I have a load of stuff on my Amazon wish list to get when I find the time...

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Motorcycling is my main passion, been riding since 16, still like walking, birdwatching, and used to do a lot of target shooting, full and small bore, until Dunblane when the goverment decided I could be a murderer and took my firearms away, 7 rifles and 5 handguns, still miss them to this day.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Like many on here, motorbikes.
Riding them and watching any form of tarmac racing.
I'm also into traction engines and help out with full size ones for a friend and own my own small engine.
Used to play a lot of squash and liked to run, but just for fun.
Old joints and bones curtailed that, so now I walk for the exercise and fresh air.
Oh, nearly forgot.
Motorhomes and pubs.

I would have put football, but I'm a Middlesbrough supporter, so I suppose that doesn't count. ;)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I used to build and fly R/C aircraft back in the day but don't have the room to build any more. Never built anything like the plane in the clip but built and flew a Panic and could fly it almost as good as the pilot in this clip:

Now I do a little bit of wood turning when I can get past all the junk in my garage to use my lathe :rolleyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I have a really high risk hobby. (y)

Mrs Shagnasty three doors down. :sneaky:

BGB

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
GAINSBOROUGH
Funster No
MH
PANEL VAN CONVERSION
Exp
SINCE AUGUST 2015
Hello all, have been motorcycling since i was 16, now on a touring Goldwing, have done woodturning, beekeeping, shooting clays and game, dog training.....all mostly superseded by the Motorhoming bug, we try to get away every 2 weeks or so in winter and longer in the summer, since retiring i just dont have much time to do all i need to!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back