What hobbies (other than motorhoming) do you have?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Scotties, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

What hobbies ( other than motorhoming ?) do you have?

For me pastimes like fishing, CB radio, metal detecting etc. came and went, but I've always been into motorcycling (on and off road) and playing with my mates in various bands.

Probably more of a lifestyle rather than a hobbies.;)

What hobbies did you enjoy way back when, or even today ?

Any extreme sports or hobbies?

Or would fancy building one over these over a quiet weekend in the winter. :

• Like Like x 10
  2. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

image.jpeg I built my 2 seater aircraft over 7 years and it's taken me to the canaries /north cape/ Croatia and over the top of mount blanc at 18000 ft,
    fantastic way to travel if the weather is good, I tend to do my Motorhome touring outside the flying season,

• Like Like x 20
  3. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

I don't really have hobbies as such, I read a lot, nordic walk every day for fitness, cross country ski in the winter, etc but as I've got older I have a bucket list of things I want to do which might turn into hobbies or could just be one off experiences.

This year I had a lesson in a glider and walked the length of the Leeds Liverpool canal (in stages). I also walked the coastal path from cardigan to Fishguard on my own as no one else would come with me (about 30 miles) whilst on hols. Not sure what I'll do next year

• Like Like x 6
  4. Madeinengland

Madeinengland Funster

Wow! That really is impressive. What clever funsters you are. :)

5. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Like you bikes have been a constant in my life, in fact 57 years. Football has featured prominently also, playing, running youth sides and refereeing. I played badminton since '78 but had to give up recently because of knee troubles so the only other hobby left besides motorhomes, bikes and holidays is photography.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

I try to stay alive !!! I am impressed however with some of the things I see people doing!! More power to em all !!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I was a radio Amateur and keep meaning to get my license back. I enjoy studying up on a variety of science and technology subjects. The current interest is economics.
    I mess about with my guitar occasionally. I do some programming for fun. I do a bit of joinery when I get the opportunity.

Currently trying to mix my electronics and programming hobby by playing with some arduino stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  8. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

I've dabbled in many things. I drove my friend's dragster in the 1970's (Uncle Scrumble - JCA30), I've done dingy sailing, windsurfing and crewing for friends on cruisers, a keen walker (until my back and knees gave out) and walked the Dorset coast path with my wife; a keen recumbent tryclist (Edinburgh to Dorchester in 11 days), and have always been into motorbikes since I was 18. Now I'm a sedentary old git who enjoys the MH life in between spending the kids' inheritance on fancy foreign holidays!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Baileysbus

Baileysbus Funster

Have tried many things over the years. Used to do road and stage rallies as co-driver/navigator. Still a keen fisherman, trout and sea mainly. Have done target and field archery and also am into classic cars and have a TR6. Like travel ..... obviously ...... and photography too ...... Phew! :)

• Like Like x 5
  10. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Son in law runs the mono wheel one, tail dragger fanatic.

11. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

A nice day on a motor bike is all I ask.

• Like Like x 6
  12. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Used to do a lot of motor sport stuff in my 30s and 40s, hill climbs ,bent sprints, mud plugs, standing start 1/4mile, Concours d'Elegance.
    Went to Carrington Tech to study Horticulture when we bought the Orchard, (had too! didn't have a clue otherwise:rofl:)
    Then took up surf casting. When we came back to the UK used to walk a lot, coastal path.
    Throughout though, DIY(The houses we bought ,apart from 2 new ones, were all "handyman specials") and gardening, veggie patch stuff, and all the way through I collected Diecast

Don't do too much physical stuff now gardening & DIY is about as tough as it gets now. If I'm in the mood I do a bit of "Abbo" painting , but that is few and far between now.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Like the other Brian,this Brian is at his happiest when a day arrives with nothing to do but jump on one of my motorbikes and just head off to nowhere in particular.
    Sadly those days don't seem to occur as often as I would like.
    I am lucky enough to be able to tow my 3 bike trailer behind the camper with one or more of my bikes on to choose from,none of them massively expensive or sporty.
    I also like to walk,watch Moto GP,read papers and factual stuff.
    I also spend a lot of time working on my mobile home in Portugal or the 450 year old cottage here in France.
    What ever you do just be happy and enjoy life,we only get one chance at it so live for today.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tkly

Tkly Funster

I bake, woodwork, leatherwork,and read used to hill walk till the body said take it easy. so life is more sedentary now,1/2 hr work 1/2 hr rest took time to adjust but life goes on :) :) :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Zepp

Zepp Funster

Always used to be good a drinking but I only drink on afternoons and evenings now :LOL::drunk:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

None. With working 80-100 hours a week :(to earn a living there was never any time. Now there is plenty of time & no interest.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Walking the dog, Crown green bowling, trouble is we spend more time chatting and having a laugh. Don't know where the time goes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Waking the dog, ball room dancing, flying a motor glider ,wine tasting but still at work so limited at the moment!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Leatherworking is something I have always wanted to try my hand at. I have a load of stuff on my Amazon wish list to get when I find the time...

• Like Like x 1
  20. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Motorcycling is my main passion, been riding since 16, still like walking, birdwatching, and used to do a lot of target shooting, full and small bore, until Dunblane when the goverment decided I could be a murderer and took my firearms away, 7 rifles and 5 handguns, still miss them to this day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1