Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Offo on our first trip at the weekend and just wondered what settings you funsters use at night? Do you just use the electric and turn gas off or a mixture etc?

Thanks
mikeh71

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
If it's cold I take a couple of 18 year old blondes to keep me warm :)

Are they boys or girls?......do you have a little secret you need to share with us all. You know we are all broad minded here and you will feel better once you've told us all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We leave our heating on low during the night just to keep the chill off, I'd sooner do that than dress for Arctic conditions just to get a nights sleep

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
at home we control our heating by thermostat, same in MH, set to 15C overnight, just in case it goes cold

the OP reference to inefficient heating on electric really only applies to really cold weather, if above 5C electric will cope well, but even with good insulation the internal temp will drop to a level we don't like to sleep in

over winter I forgot to set our heating in MH, when I checked outside 2C inside 2C, so much for good insulation :D

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If on EHU I have an electric blanket on bed and heating on low. If no EHU then its 2 hot water bottles placed in my bed before I get there.. My mum knows how to look after me well :)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We leave our heating on low during the night just to keep the chill off, I'd sooner do that than dress for Arctic conditions just to get a nights sleep
Who said anything about dressing for arctic conditions? :confused: If you're referring to my 'hoodie' reference as I said, if the van was hot enough for me overnight everyone else would swelter ... my wearing a hoodie means that no-one else has to be uncomfortable and I'm nice and snug in my hoodie and if I do get warm I can easily take it off ... same with bed socks! :rolleyes:

One thing we're going to miss in our new van is the heating controls being right next to the bed ... they're at the front above the sliding door next to the control panel so hubby's gonna have to get up to turn the heating on in a morning ... he'll be such a happy bunny about that ... not!:LOL:

Upvote 0

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi

I stay in my van in the week as I do a weekly commute. I'm On EHU so use an oil filled radiator on a timer plug. That way if it's really cold I can leave it on low over night and the timer allows me to return to a warm van in the evening. It isn't noisy and doesn't dry the air out. I have to say it was recommended to me on here and has been a best buy. It's only small a delonghi bambino but has been job perfect.
Hope that helps
:)

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Who said anything about dressing for arctic conditions? :confused: If you're referring to my 'hoodie' reference as I said, if the van was hot enough for me overnight everyone else would swelter ... my wearing a hoodie means that no-one else has to be uncomfortable and I'm nice and snug in my hoodie and if I do get warm I can easily take it off ... same with bed socks! :rolleyes:

One thing we're going to miss in our new van is the heating controls being right next to the bed ... they're at the front above the sliding door next to the control panel so hubby's gonna have to get up to turn the heating on in a morning ... he'll be such a happy bunny about that ... not!:LOL:

Easy tiger I wasn't referring to your hoodie :D
I just don't like wearing stuff in bed and getting tangled up all night.....and our heating controls are by the entrance door

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
.... I know ... I know ....

a huge ...

nay massive ...

ginormous even ...

hunger for ....

Swedish meatballs ... (seeing as you've been dreaming of Swedish men!:ROFLMAO:)

Youve been to Ikea again, haven't you.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Easy tiger I wasn't referring to your hoodie :D
I just don't like wearing stuff in bed and getting tangled up all night.....and our heating controls are by the entrance door
Roar .... ::bigsmile: ... I must admit it's quite nice in a morning when the dogs decide they want to come up on the bed ... some nice furry 'hot dogs' instead of hot water bottles ... (y)

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
We rarely have hook up , or leave the heating on, unless it's VERY cold .
In which case it's usually on gas (no hook up) to stop the water dumping & the dogs freezing.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
Roar .... ::bigsmile: ... I must admit it's quite nice in a morning when the dogs decide they want to come up on the bed ... some nice furry 'hot dogs' instead of hot water bottles ... (y)
No chance of the dogs getting on our bed, thank god. 1, the bed is too high (phew) & 2, they are shut in the garage( /Kennel) . Experience has taught us that (in cold weather) if they are in the"kennel", next to the boiler,they want to go out about 8 ish. If they are in the main van, where it's colder, they want to go out about 5am.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

Ours try that, unfortunately one of them is a 45kg labrador
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
@Dave K. Your dog sure likes it home comforts. Lovely looking dog.

He does, he's spoilt rotten because he's had a hard life, he was always in and out of the vets, had a replacement hip at a year old, here he is upright, which isn't often :D
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back