Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Hi all,

I wonder if I can draw on community knowledge once more

following yesterday's "I'm off to France" post, I have booked a flight for the mem-sahib to come down and join me at Toulouse airport (she is more restricted by work than me)

Does anyone know this airport? Will I be able to take the MoHo (c2.7m high) to arrivals to pick her up? Or should I tell her to get a bus into town

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
There is the usual airport type parking ie multistorey but there is an external parking just outside of the main terminal building but really sorry despite going there loads in the last years can't remember if there is a barrier as normally go by car. If no barrier the French do not fuss about taking up more than one space . To get into all parking you go off a roundabout so it is possible to see and get away if not practical . But just before you reach the airport to the right are lots of streets with the airport hotels and you could park in the street and walk to the terminal easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bacchus

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
That is brilliant, thank you. She won't have luggage, of course, so walking is no problem!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Toulouse used to be my local airport, but almost 8 years ago now :(
Access is easy via road system and there is a big flat car park as well.
Good idea to check on Google Earth as I remember going through a ticket barrier which from memory was fairly narrow for a car.
Neighbour who collected me one time had parked at a restaurant outside the terminal itself and it was just a couple of minutes walk so might be easier.

OP
OP
Bacchus

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
have a look on google earth?

Good call! I did try but I got lost ::bigsmile: (trouble is their software obscures some of the road-signs, that's my excuse anyway), and their pics can be quite out of date, but just had another look and there are buses and coaches at the pick-up which is a great clue!

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Try parking up near by and wait till she calls you when she has passed customs then drive through to pick her up, we do this often at Bordeaux(y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I am like the others using my local airport, I always go by car or taxi( special entrance) so I can't remember whether there's a high limit with a barrier... Google earth seems to be the best option , but if you can't find out I can call and ask...... so easy for me!:D

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Broken Link Removed

Here you are, you have the access map and I can now tell you after a quick phone call that you can only access to P5 or P6 .
These are a bit far away from the airport entrance but you have a courtesy bus (free) which will take you there to greet your missus!

Hope it helps

Frankie:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bacchus

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Broken Link Removed

Here you are, you have the access map and I can now tell you after a quick phone call that you can only access to P5 or P6 .
These are a bit far away from the airport entrance but you have a courtesy bus (free) which will take you there to greet your missus!

Hope it helps

Frankie:)

That's great, thank you for going out of your way to help!

I will probably lurk somewhere and pick her up at the departure drop off when she calls as has been suggested, but I quite like airports so parking and getting a courtesy bus is also a good option (c:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back