What Have I Done..?

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by TheWM, May 11, 2015.

1. TheWM

TheWM Read Only Funster

I have a SamySolar setup.

When I got the van, it automatically picked up Astra 1 and I got a host of various (mainly foreign) channels.

I wanted to get SKY, got my box and tried to choose Astra 2 which was preset. Could not locate the satellite.

So, off I went trying to navigate the menu to pick up Astra2 and manually change it, the end result is now I cannot pick up anything and it will only spin searching for Astra 2 (i.e. I cannot find how to get it to pick up Astra 1 anymore):coffee:

Yes, I know I'm an idiot and I should have tried to get some advice further before playing - but now I'm stuck and I dunno what to do! Worse is I have a manual but its not easy reading!

2. TheWM

TheWM Read Only Funster

Update:

Managed to get Astra 1 back.

Astra 2 still showing as not found, but I do not know whether this is due to me overriding the settings and it is looking in the wrong place; or whether genuinely there is no signal.

Does anyone have the actual config settings for Astra 2 so I can manually balls it up again (or even better does anyone know how to return it back to factory..?!)

3. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

Perhaps the frequency it is seeking is no longer a valid frequency...
    a number of frequencies changed their "FEC" recently, perhaps this is the reason...?

If you want Astra 2 frequencies pick one: http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

4. TheWM

TheWM Read Only Funster

Thanks. Any ideas whether a firmware update might help (if so can this be done via the satellite dish itself?).

5. rosalan

rosalan Funster

At the Peterborough Show someone parked nearby had your problem and visited a stand selling his model and they quickly updated his unit.
    You could try RoadPro who have an excellent reputation.