WHAT HAPPENS -rain/mud Lincoln JIM (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Seen similar to this before, but still great

There is a 4 x 4 scooter and I have seen a 4 x 4 power chair.. just add a couple extra motors on a frame (bolt on).. The bigger wheels help.. But I would then need a bigger trailer an car to carry it.. But nice thought.

So often we come to places wheelchairs and buggies cannot get past.

Like the kissing gate at Stratford this year.. it is what finally made me go for Ricks spare trailer (motor Romin..another RVOC and RV owner).. Having the capacity to tow a 2000 kg trailer on my Winnebago means I can load my Hyundia car and put both my scooter 8 mph type and Sues smaller one in side plus the normal wheelchair on the wheelchair rack on the back of the car.. now gives me freedom off site if needed.

Recently we we en-route to a private American meet at Oswestry (60 RV's) and we stopped off at Alcester on the way North and could take the car and Ezzie into Stratford on Avon a couple of times.. so I have a certain amount of freedom now with the trailer and car. But it is always an issue for wheelchair users and scooter users.

I do not think orangisers give it any real thought.. they provide disabled parking areas..often smaller areas and not always as good as they think.

By the way the new issue of MMM out this week has an article in the disability issue of a very good camp site in France we have used a few times...

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Whats all this talk about rain im coming down from Scotland with shorts and tee shirts only as you lot keep saying it always rains in Scotland so i thought the sun only shone in England:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Will bring a pair of long socks just in case :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
A bit off thread, but....
Although I live near the showground, I've never been on it. Is it worth taking grandkids bikes with us?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A bit off thread, but....
Although I live near the showground, I've never been on it. Is it worth taking grandkids bikes with us?
I would't John I will have my bike there and I find getting Grandkids out of my spokes is both time consuming and a tad tedious:Doh:
Geo
Ps much the same getting cyclist outa my grill:Doh:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I would't John I will have my bike there and I find getting Grandkids out of my spokes is both time consuming and a tad tedious:Doh:
Geo
Ps much the same getting cyclist outa my grill:Doh:

Thanks for that advice, Geo.
I'm thinking of buying an electric bike.
Do you think the nice Mrs Geo would test drive it for me?

Hilldweller wont be there to laugh at her!

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Speak to Rick.. he is bound to be selling his new ones

I would speak to Rick (Motoromin) he is bound to be selling his new ones by now.::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree:thumb: with Geo.. re the kids.... the site will be good for mountain bikes as you need those big nobblly tyres for all the mud and a lot of wet weather clothes

Bob

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

Its funny how electric bikes have caught on, when electric chairs have never been popular:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Don't worry John we will have our party tent with us. :winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know when a meets a wet one...................................... They drag you on your pitch, and we have had this, but 3 days later drove off. :thumb:

See you there. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It reminds me of hiring a open jeep in Cyprus, Ann asked what would happen if it rained ? the guy replied -it will get wet !Then the sun will shine and dry it :thumb::Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back