What email hosting company is best. (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I am thinking of changing my email hosting company, I thought I would ask you guys if you have any suggestions. I have about 8 email address's all of them from my different websites.

So if any of you business men and women can help with the name of a good email hosting company, that would be great. :Smile:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Email

I am thinking of changing my email hosting company, I thought I would ask you guys if you have any suggestions. I have about 8 email address's all of them from my different websites.

So if any of you business men and women can help with the name of a good email hosting company, that would be great. :Smile:

Why don't you use the email address provided by your ISP or simply use Yahoo or Goggle mail. You do not need lots of email addresses, and you can set the ones you do have to automatically forward all mail to the one address you choose as your favourite.

Personally I just use gmail and iCloud.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Gmail.. but look at Unseen.is

Also use Gmail.. been using since it launched in 2004 .. love it.. but has been critised for it's poor security.. I don't know whether true or not.

If however you are looking for something with more security you may want to look at this .. I have signed up but not moved over to it yet.

Based in Iceland they are reputedly very secure , is recognised as having some of the strongest privacy laws in the world

https://unseen.is/

Frequently Asked Questions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you own the domains and want a hosted mail server then I would look at outlook.com it offers free mail server hosting for domains, you can use their web client, your own or forward the mail to another account if need be.

GMAIL servers are excellent but they have started charging to host the domain mail server, so unless you already had a domain hosted with them you will be charged.

I was surprised at how easy outlook.com (it is a microsoft site) was to use and setup, have even thought about switching from gmail but, drive docs etc.. make it very difficult.

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Thanks for the answers so far, it may sound as if I have money to burn ( not true) but I prefer to pay, as I generally find "free" has some sort of problem, like, why "free"? If you pay then you can complain if you have a problem and security is usually much better.

Just My opinion.

I will look at the "Iceland" one thank you very much for that Scotjimland :Smile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have used idNet as my ISP for several years now and have been very happy with them. They are dependable and the helpline, if required, is very good (0800 number and just a few people based in Hertfordshire that staff it). Mine is a simple broadband package with the usual POP emails and some web storage if required.
They are principally a B2B organisation and I note that they also offer email services. You might consider them.
https://www.idnet.net/solutions/premium_domain_mail.php

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Also use Gmail.. been using since it launched in 2004 .. love it.. but has been critised for it's poor security.. I don't know whether true or not.

If however you are looking for something with more security you may want to look at this .. I have signed up but not moved over to it yet.

Based in Iceland they are reputedly very secure , is recognised as having some of the strongest privacy laws in the world

https://unseen.is/

Frequently Asked Questions

One for you Jim...

http://www.budgetcamerareview.com/f...n-that-unseen-is-is-not-private-or-secure-/p1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I use www.123-reg.co.uk to host my websites and provide mail servers for the addresses for each. very competitive and best of all very reliable as they have 24hour monitoring to reduce any downtime. plus there is anti virus running on the mail server for extra protection:thumb:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Is that by the same people who recommended their banks as a safe place for my ISA a few years ago, because they had the strongest banking laws in the world :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back