LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Staffies are rare in France so many people think they are Pit Bulls, even the Gendarmes. I produced the following in English and got Google to translate. I have copies on me at all times, any problems I just pass the paper, Gendarme reads, smiles and strokes Alfie. Better than trying to explain.

Mon nom est ALFIE, je suis un Anglais Staffordshire Bull Terrier. (Staffy)
Nous ne sommes pas une race interdite en Angleterre ou en France et qui ne figurent pas dangereux
Je n'ai aucun lien PITBULLS même si je regarde similaire.
Nous aimons la compagnie des humains en particulier les enfants.
S'il vous plaît me caresser.

He is a good traveller, doesn't bark OR BITE! dries quickly, sits on passenger seat which wards off undesirables when we are not there, never complains, never chewed furniture, the perfect dog, FOR US OF COURSE !
Some drawbacks, they are addicted to any form of fuss or company, especially children.View attachment 83765
what an excellent idea to have a printed information card in a few languages explaining the breed. it is also a great idea to have a printed sheet in your wallet or bag with the dog's info and insurance details on along with a request that in case of an accident, your treasured pet should get immediate veterinary care. if the authorities know all bills will be covered they are going to be extra careful looking after them

i can think of nothing worse than waking up a few days after an accident to hear your much loved pet was injured so had been put to sleep. i know of 2 cases where this happened. the owners and their family were distraught

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
There you go @maeve ..couple of angel when she was on a stopover...I've forgotten what sort of doodle she is lol...lab or golden..
On the Beach. .
View attachment 84092

And relaxing a little later..

View attachment 84093
This must be a standard Doodle relaxing position. Ours is the same, lies on her pouffe feet up in the air, head hanging over the side...for ages. God knows how she doesn't end up with a crick in the neck! Ours is a lab doodle, black(ish)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
This must be a standard Doodle relaxing position. Ours is the same, lies on her pouffe feet up in the air, head hanging over the side...for ages. God knows how she doesn't end up with a crick in the neck! Ours is a lab doodle, black(ish)

Haha... yes they know how to chill... as I said I was baby sitting here for @maeve ..who has since posting above picture reminded me angel is a Golden doodle.. They are lovely natured and want to be everyone's friend...
Ta Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Our new to us little border on her first motorhome trip, think she settled fine.
20151124_145454.jpg

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
We used to have a staffy, we miss her terribly. She was such a wonderful dog, so loving, and brilliant with children.

People talk about the bad press that staffys get and I will make an observation. I used to take my dog to work with me which involved dealing with the general public. Because I had the staffy with me all the other staffy owners would introduce themselves and talk about their dog. I would say that 50% of staffys have one of the following names: Bruno, Tyson, Rocky, you get my drift, they are named after fighters. That says something about 50% of staffy owners! The other thing I noticed was how proud some of them were that their dog was "a right nasty bastard around other dogs". If you encourage your dog to be nasty, it may well be.

Our cat had kittens and the staffy climbed in the basket and tried to nurse them. She had a phantom pregnancy, came into milk, she even got mastitis. The cat and the dog used to take it in turns to look after the kittens.

Lovely dogs!

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
No, no, no no, no - you want a proper British dog - you want a Manchester Terrier. Small in stature, huge in bark, thinks it's a cross between a Lion and T-Rex, and very short haired.

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
My friends have a Patterdale terrier he is great once he gets to know a person but a tinker until he does. Very territorial , he is 5yrs now and has settled quite a bit .Much to their relief. Your dog has the same "I`m the boss look". haha

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
She looks gorgeous! And with those puppy eyes she could never be naughty!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Well after your lovely suggestions can l introduce Maggie to all the funsters out there...not sure if she's classed as a cockerpoo...or mongrel...but she is delightful.
You are going to have your hands full with that one :D
I've seen that puppy "butter wouldn't melt" look too many times :D

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Well after your lovely suggestions can l introduce Maggie to all the funsters out there...not sure if she's classed as a cockerpoo...or mongrel...but she is delightful.
Good choice. Our Labradoodle's sister is a Cockapoo (same dad). Lovely wee thing. Probably the Poodle part that is the intelligence, which means they know how to handle humans!

Reactions: Sue

barista

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based coach built
Exp
Any of the poodle based mongrels would fit the bill i.e. non moulting, intelligent, affectionate and depending what they were bred with you can choose the size you want.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015

She's gorgeous. My Lucy (cockapoo) has a lovely temperament and makes us laugh every day with her antics.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
She is gorgeous :) love the name as well! Well I would wouldn't I ?.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Love it Happy Tails,Trails and New Year.
Tea Bag

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
German Pinscher , easy to clean but does shed some hair , or what seemed like all of it last year in France
_DSC3643.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back