Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers both for the info.

We use the cadac alot so think that'll stay, as I've said before I really don't want to add to the overspill of stuff in the garage at home.

Going through stuff in the 'van it was just the cadac that was the problem.

Over the years we've really downsized from what we used to take. I cringe when I think back to when we used to pitch up when the kids were younger. Out would come awning, table & chairs, 4 bikes, loads of toys and dinghy:LOL:

Will feel happier when we've seen one for real, which hopefully should be in the next few days...

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Cheers both for the info.

We use the cadac alot so think that'll stay, as I've said before I really don't want to add to the overspill of stuff in the garage at home.

Going through stuff in the 'van it was just the cadac that was the problem.

Over the years we've really downsized from what we used to take. I cringe when I think back to when we used to pitch up when the kids were younger. Out would come awning, table & chairs, 4 bikes, loads of toys and dinghy:LOL:

Will feel happier when we've seen one for real, which hopefully should be in the next few days...

if storage is a problem, could you put a box on the back?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks, hadn't thought of that, silly question though, we have seen a M/H we like but it has a bike rack. Does it become a choice of bike rack or box or is there room for both?
Deb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Thanks, hadn't thought of that, silly question though, we have seen a M/H we like but it has a bike rack. Does it become a choice of bike rack or box or is there room for both?
Deb

The ones Ive seen have the box bolted to a bike rackl , but others on here may be able to expand on this

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a back box that we fitted under the bike rack. Just off to Wrenbury via Harrison Locks now, but if you look at previous back box threads I have put a photo of it on there. We fitted ours onto the existing tow bar hitch. Works a treat for the 'rotund' stuff that you cant get into the Hymer storage boxes.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We have a back box that we fitted under the bike rack. Just off to Wrenbury via Harrison Locks now, but if you look at previous back box threads I have put a photo of it on there. We fitted ours onto the existing tow bar hitch. Works a treat for the 'rotund' stuff that you cant get into the Hymer storage boxes.

Thanks for this - having had caravans for 20 odd years the thought of attaching external boxes, racks etc is really weird and sooo against the grain :unsure:

Will go and have a search for the black box threads (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Glad to hear things turned out Ok.
hopfully getting my 664 delivered tomorrow.............after new clutch, new braking system...........(nice to know that little lot's costs won't be coming out of my pocket.......:D)
Just Mot to be done in the morning............

looking forward to it arriving..........:)

So.....
Did it arrive???
Is it lovely?

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
:D:D:D:) have you guessed yet ?/ (y)

Yup it did,..........and I've not stopped smiling. Off to Hampshire/dorset for a few days, getting to know it.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Aw great, really pleased (y)

New Forest by any chance???

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Headed down to Ringwood to pick something up............Cor the build up of traffic heading into the forest :(, thought I'd carry on into dorset,.............got as far as Tricketts Cross; jam packed solid !! :eek::eek::eek: managed to get turned around, (thanks lidls) and had stress free run back to west sussex,..ending up in West Wittering for a relaxing couple of days; :D

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I suppose that's the beauty of a m/h over a caravan - you can easily change your plans.

We've not managed to get down to the nf so far this year:( - our fav place really.

West Wittering is nice from what I remember tho, beach, beach and more beach:)

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
:) Yes, although this time, didn't even go there.............was lazy and veg'ed out on site................very relaxing (y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Scott's Farm Campsite, East Wittering (y)

Can't recommend it highly enough :clap::roflmto:

My all time fave campsite, beach is just 10 min walk, fantastic little town with excellent shops etc :hi:

West Wittering beach is a short walk along the shoreline if you want to head to the sand dunes and doggy friendly :smiley:

Very calm, safe swimming, no seaweed, rocks or shale to stab your toe on either :mm:

Early arrival and don't have to depart until 1700hrs, awesome :coolest:

Don't book, just turn up, they've never not been able to accommodate in all the years I've been going there. Also do a loyalty card, 5 visits, get a free night (y)

http://www.scotts-farm-camping.co.uk

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers for this PP - another one to add to the list, sounds just up our street

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I stayed at Nunnington Farm. Clean facilities, good restaurant 5 mins walk away, ditto general store and dam fine butchers.

Would certainly head back there,..........once school hols have finished. (having said that, I guess that goes for most sites near the beach :))

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back