LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes kept them on all over Morocco, we also have a large sheepskin type thing over the mattress under the sheet, bed never gets hot and sticky no matter how hot outside, strange how these things work :Smile:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Sheepskin Covers from Skyeskins on the Isle of Skye, brilliant quality they keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer they work well and make very long journeys really comfortable.

The table expands and you can seat six around it, you need to use extra chairs for this although we have been know to have 11 people sitting in the van for drinks one evening.

Another point we always average between 25 and 30 mile per gallon. :)
Oh no - here's me thinking we wouldn't be buying loads of stuff when we finally do get a m/h.... Over the years we've ended up with heaps of stuff in the garage at home.

And I daren't even look at the 'This week I bought...' thread :rofl:

And Tim - surely it's 99.9% going to happen tho? Unless you get there and find out it's not got an engine or something daft - exciting times, are you on countdown?:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Good luck with the Viewing, Tim, having been looking of a Hymer for sale recently,.......and been horrified by the number of scams out there, (mentioned in another thread), I did see 'your' ad, looks like a nice tidy one..........

I managed to find one in a small dealer, just in not advertised, when I saw it......a 1989 664. (slightly bigger than 'yours', I think. :))

They are out there, Sunny side up, I think you've just got keep calling dealers etc, esp as some of them don't like older models cluttering their forecourts, and they hive them off to independants, (that's how I got mine)

All the best.

Andy

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers Andy. Yep I will keep ploughing on.

Even though we've only been looking for a few weeks it seems like ages - and it's not as though we can't get away as we have a caravan.....just not the same :(
Must admit the scams thread scares me ****less, it's such alot of money to lose if things go belly up.

Anyway we are going to Stafford tomorrow, never know what we might find.
Deb

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Glad to hear you are happy with yours.

This model certainly has their fans, it'd be nice to see one in the flesh.

I'll keep my eyes peeled tomorrow at stafford.:cautious:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It'll be fine ( or 'you'll be reet' as they say round here lol)
It'll be lovely and shiny and new to you

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well Stafford didn't throw any gems our way. We did meet a nice guy on one stand trying to sell us an arto but it had a fixed bed so that was a non starter - nice van, if that's what you wanted.

But did get to meet Jim and Sian ::bigsmile:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Tim,

I'm pretty sure we can vouch for the fact that it has come from Bristol. We nearly bought it last year but the chap who was selling it wouldn't come down to what we wanted to pay. It seemed to have a high number of previous owners, but we now know that that is nothing unusual. A really nice van, we had a vehicle inspection on it, a copy of which we gave to Leo, the chap selling it, so don't waste any money on another one of those! The only reason we didn't buy it was because we thought Leo was asking too much (I think it was about £20k), for a private sale, with no comebacks.

Hope this helps, good luck with the viewing.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Geraldine, Fantastic, thanks very much for that information thats realy good to know(y) It'll be Interesting to know if thats in with all the paperwork, don't suppose you can remember where leo was advertising it do you?

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well Stafford didn't throw any gems our way. We did meet a nice guy on one stand trying to sell us an arto but it had a fixed bed so that was a non starter - nice van, if that's what you wanted.

But did get to meet Jim and Sian ::bigsmile:

Hi Deb, thats a shame, keep looking it'll come, did you have a look at Jims van? can't remember what it is now:rolleyes:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Nope it was just a pop in to say 'hi' and collect some stickers - gotta save them though ready for when we do manage to find something.

At least there's a bit of progress on widening the drive access/block paving ....

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Leo advertised it on Autotrader. He wouldn't drop below £23750 and that was we thought too high in the circumstances. Did you go to view it?

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Just got back home, absolutly knackered and stressed out, everything went as planned just not as smoothly as it could have done (due to banks) will go into more detail over time, my buyers (funsters) were brilliant and the people I bought from were brilliant as well. I love the van but now got to convince the other half that climbing over her to get out will not be a problem (she didn't realize the drivers side had no door oops) Breakfast, bath and bed by by;)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations on buying it - it will be good to see it again! Just get the other half to drive and then you won't have to climb over her to get out! ;)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just got back home, absolutly knackered and stressed out, everything went as planned just not as smoothly as it could have done (due to banks) will go into more detail over time, my buyers (funsters) were brilliant and the people I bought from were brilliant as well. I love the van but now got to convince the other half that climbing over her to get out will not be a problem (she didn't realize the drivers side had no door oops) Breakfast, bath and bed by by;)

Brilliant I am pleased it went well, the driver having no door is no problem even Snowbirds super RMB has no drivers door, if it's a problem just use the Hab door, are you going to Malvern , let us know how you get on with it. (y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Considering how wrong it could have gone, no drivers door is a minor problem. I'm sure you will get used to it.
Glad to hear all went well. Congratulations. (y)(y)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
So pleased that everything worked out right for you. (y)

It may be just me, but I very rarely use the drivers door on our MH.
I usually exit via the hab door, unless we are parking up and I am faffing about getting it level. :rolleyes:
So that the water runs out of the shower, you understand. Well that's what SWMBO said, anyway. :sneaky: :whistle:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Aw love a happy ending me.....(y)

I was going to ask if you would mind doing an idiots step by step guide to buying privately i.e. how do you actually physically buy the thing, that's safe for both parties, so will look forward to hearing more later.

Meanwhile think we're back to the drawing board, but that may be another thread

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning Tim and Carol and any other 584 owners...

Following our visit to Stafford and talking to a guy trying to sell us an arto with a fixed bed and garage my OH has now got real worries that a 584 won't enough storage for larger stuff. Cheers mate for that :mad:.

Think it mostly comes down to the cadac bbq - can someone just confirm what storage is under the long bench please.

Deb

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We started our search DEFINITELY wanting a big garage - after two/three years of looking ended up with a Hymer B564 - nothing like we had started to look for - but completely happy. You make the best use of whatever storage you have, ultimately leaving a load of unnecessary stuff at home. We have ditched our Cadac, which I was only ever using as a huge frying pan anyway, for a demon Coleman 400 series double burner and toaster, much better use of outdoor cooking, and a Weber small kettle bbq, which we had before we bought the van. I think the B584 has the same storage as the B564, you just have to attack it from a different angle - flat chairs instead of rolled up bagged ones, Coleman instead of Cadac, eg flat things instead of rotund - much like me really.... :LOL:

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Glad to hear things turned out Ok.
hopfully getting my 664 delivered tomorrow.............after new clutch, new braking system...........(nice to know that little lot's costs won't be coming out of my pocket.......:D)
Just Mot to be done in the morning............

looking forward to it arriving..........:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back