What do you think?? (1 Viewer)

Oztourer

Free Member
Jun 27, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,

My wife and I are keen on the idea of buying a Motorhome. We are hoping to head over to the UK soon purchase an RV tour for two to three months, then place it in storage and head home to Australia for the summer. We would then return the following year for the next leg of our planned trip around Europe with the option of placing it in storage again till we return the following year. We’re confident that after a few years of use that the depreciated value of the RV, when we go to sell it, will be far less than B&B, hotel accommodation and car hire. We have always caravanned here with our family and have always enjoyed the freedom it has to offer.

Any feedback on costs such as storage, insurance, registration or just tips on buying would be greatly appreciated. We were thinking of using a broker over in the UK to pre purchase the RV for us, but that’s something I will have to research a little more.

Thanks
Mick & Annette

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Mick welcome to fun
To help us help you
One vital question
By RV do you mean Recreational Vehicle in the generic term Ie any camper van / European motor home
Or as we over here tend to use the term RV meaning the Bigger American types
It matters so as to get the correct answers to your questions re insurance etc
Geo

Upvote 0

Obelix67

Free Member
Aug 31, 2009
Switzerland
Funster No
Exp
I got an L reg VW in 1983
Also it will depend on where you plan on doing most of your driving, as long as there are two fo you in the vehicle then toll booths etc wont be an issue, but if you are going to spend 1 holiday in the uk, then subsequent years in europe then it might be worth thinking what side you want the drivers seat at...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back