What do you plan to buy next for the Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
A new hab door holdy open thing, as the current one has disintegrated. Again.

Ours has failed as well. Only lasted 6 months.

Is this the metal rod with a sliding plastic insert in the top of the door? If so, it's the same as ours, and ours lasted a year. Hopefully, Autosleeper, who have our van at the moment, will repair it
Allan

No it's a plastic clip sort of thing. The original was replaced wen we bought the van as it had snapped and the new one has no longer got the strength to hold the door back. I could put an elastic band round it to give it a bit more grip as a temporary measure. I think the UV degrades the plastic.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
An automatic toilet cartridge emptying drone - when they're in the shops.

At present it's me.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I can't help thinking that when Techno100 sees it he'll be straight off to his drawing board. :)

Thinking a few years down the line, could you imagine the scene at a continental aire service point if we all used toilet cartridge drones? There's your little drone buzzing around the poo pipe doing its business so to speak. Suddenly the sun is blotted out by an ominous swarm of whirring menace, as the strains of Wagner's 'Ride of the Valkyries' can be heard approaching on the morning breeze. Argh No! It's the Germans!

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I can't help thinking that when Techno100 sees it he'll be straight off to his drawing board. :)

Thinking a few years down the line, could you imagine the scene at a continental aire service point if we all used toilet cartridge drones? There's your little drone buzzing around the poo pipe doing its business so to speak. Suddenly the sun is blotted out by an ominous swarm of whirring menace, as the strains of Wagner's 'Ride of the Valkyries' can be heard approaching on the morning breeze. Argh No! It's the Germans!

I think you have been having too many E numbers in your food.:wink:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Is this the metal rod with a sliding plastic insert in the top of the door? If so, it's the same as ours, and ours lasted a year. Hopefully, Autosleeper, who have our van at the moment, will repair it
Allan

Can you please advise where you got the replacement rod fitting as my sisters van (Autocruise rear door coach built) has a slightly bent arm and we have to make sure the door isn't opened more than 90 degrees or we struggle to close.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Not sure of the exact fitting on yours, but mine is the same as the one in the link below
https://caravan-parts.store.buegle.com/product.php/adria-motothome-hartal-door-stop-/?k=:::6354346

The wind took the door and pulled if out of my hand, the small steel pin fits into a nylon slider. The pin has come out and won't now stay in place.
Hopefully, Autosleeper will fix it, I don't want to pay the price in the link. I may be able to just get a small circlip to keep the pin in place.. It's not very strong anyway
Allan

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Can you tell me where you have orders Camperstop thanks

I pre-ordered from outdoorbits website

I was going to buy the 2014 edition but read somewhere there was a problem with map accuracy on certain pages so will wait till this latest version arrives....cheers

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie
No it's a plastic clip sort of thing. The original was replaced wen we bought the van as it had snapped and the new one has no longer got the strength to hold the door back. I could put an elastic band round it to give it a bit more grip as a temporary measure. I think the UV degrades the plastic.

We looked into replacing ours and the fitter said, they just go again within months, use a bungee cord to hold it instead. So, we have.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Trading our Hymer in for a larger lounge area. Although it's only 16mths old & a 4 berth. Need more space now for holidaying with grandkids, possibly tag axle 6 berth !!!!!!

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Learn how to use the sat nav. My car came with a Tomtom and is so easy. The MH has come with a Clarion, I keep calling it a Clarins. And I'm just about to throw it on the road and jump on it. Tried to put Brandsburton in and it insisted I wanted to go to Brandsby. bugger bugger bugger.Feel better for sharing, now back to the manual.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back