Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Maybe a silly question but as we have never been we dont know so what do you do at a rally/meet? Just seen there is one at Malton in March, thats close to us and what a coincidence, I have that weekend off! Now will I be wasting my weekend by 'making one in' :winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Chris is that the one at eden camp.

Well we havent been to many but we went to the Misterton one this year and there is no pressure for you to do anything just meet up with folk but normally the organiser has something arranged at misterton some of us went for a game of golf other went for a walk to a brewery and a few pubs from what i gather and at night met up in big tent for a few beers but as i say there is no pressure on you to join in if you dont feel like it. If you go to one at a mh show then you get into the show also

OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Sounds good, my partner loves golf so if they played at the Eden Camp one it would be killing two birds with one stone!

Do they get booked up quickly because I have seen some that have limited places?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Best person to ask what is happening at that meet is runrig (sheila) just send her a pm and im sure she will tell you about it. The Eden camp is world war 2 stuff i think

There are different sorts of meets held, some have a theme, some dont, but at all of them folk are friendly and none push you to do things you dont want, we generally have somewhere to gather of an evening to have a natter and a drink etc (you bring your own poison) and just join in. If you have a look in the gallery at the rally pictures it will give you an idea

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
At my meets we are very regimented . We start with morning wake up call at 06-30 followed by a 5 mile run through the Funsters assault course then it's the life skills survival course until miday. This is followed by the gentleman knitting competition whilst the ladies nip down the pub for a how many pints can you drink competition. In the evening it's lights out at 9pm thee lords prayer and bed. Any one still awake at 10 pm I ask to leave.
I am currently running the new year meet with my wife and no one has turned up for this mornings run my wife is getting ready to take a few Funsters shopping in the sales.

Therefore I have decided to try and stay sober long enough to welcome the next 10 victims :Cool:

Try one you never know you might end up with more friends than you had before and they might even be weirder than the ones you have now

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I can vouch for the above - it's torturous - I'll be there Saturday:ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
You have to turn up with all of the DVD's and CD's and all the spare cash that you have and hand them over to me... Its that simple:thumb:

OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
All sounds verrrrryyy interesting!!!!

Wont get bored then if the weather is sh.......t?

Will pm Sheila right away!!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A rally /meet is a way of funsters meeting and getting to know each other, putting faces to names and having fun. You choose what you want to do, Eat drink and be mary if you like for tomorrow we dine, (If sheila has the bacon butties, hee hee). There is generally a hospitality tent where funsters gather in the evenings for a drink and natter (bring your own) Mind you sometimes there is real ale on tap. Mabe a cheese and wine evening. Local walks for those so inclined or have need to execise dogs. Children and [STRIKE]pest[/STRIKE] pets welcome. Just meet a few people chill, read a book/kindle or sit outside your van with a bottle to attract funsters (make mine a banana yum yum please, thanks). Might be a raffle, bacon butties or some idiot playing a guitar forcing you all to sing along, so get you ging gang goolies sorted, hee hee. What ever you do the choice is yours, no time to get bored and no need to do owt you don't want to.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'm going to Eden Camp

But I think it's currently full. Sheila is doing a reserve list, as someone may cancel. Last time I heard from her there was one person on the reserve list, so get your name down!!
I will pm you with info she sent me about the meet.

Catherine

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
One thing i do know is that funster meets have full attendance and most funsters will drive miles just to attend as in Gerry who has come down from Scotland to attend the New Year meet..

Mr Wildman had very long hair, beard and bushy eyebrows untill he met our Mr JJ at Camarthen in 2010. JJ had fun with hair Clippers and scissors and over 2 days and Mr Wildman lost all his hair and facial hair just to raise funds for our funster chat room, watched by the rest of us funsters. so check out the camarthen meet in 2010 for pics of that meet.
We are pleased to announce that Mr Wildmans wild hair and beard and eyebrows have grown back as well.
We also have funsters that come all the way from Holland and France to attend meets so they really do travel the extra mile to join in.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Best way to sum up a Funster rally is'all things to all folk'

While there is always plenty to do and talk about, if you just wanted a quiet cheap weekend away you can do that too and no one would think any less of you

I am of a shy retiring nature and have never been forced or even vaguely coerced in to doing anything I did not want to do, yet have never EVER had the chance to be the slightest bit bored at a Funster meet

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Best way to sum up a Funster rally is'all things to all folk'

While there is always plenty to do and talk about, if you just wanted a quiet cheap weekend away you can do that too and no one would think any less of you

[HI]I am of a shy retiring nature[/HI] and have never been forced or even vaguely coerced in to doing anything I did not want to do, yet have never EVER had the chance to be the slightest bit bored at a Funster meet

Indeed, you forgot, TeaTotal, Non-Smoking, Eco-Warrior,Organic, Free Range, Vegan, decidated to saving the Sperm Whale, Methodist, Politically Neutral, Harley rider... Lover of Reggae and has stunning dreadlocks..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well yes, but I do not like to go on about all that stuff.. it cuts down on the time I have to be a god botherer and speak at length about the coming of the end of the boil ( I am getting it lanced tomorrow )

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Well yes, but I do not like to go on about all that stuff.. it cuts down on the time I have to be a god botherer and speak at length about the coming of the end of the boil ( I am getting it lanced tomorrow )

Ah the life of a nomadic Methodist Missionary in darkest Narrfoook , I bet you miss what we all take for granted?
Indoor lavies
Hot and Cold running water?
Electricity
A vote.

Never mind your time will come, Narrfoook is now just after Benin in the list of areas of deprivation, the red cross/red crescent food parcels will soon be with you..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Indoor lavies
Hot and Cold running water?
Electricity
A vote.

Wellllll yes and no..

What we really miss is hot and cold running lavies

Indoor electrickery

And [STRIKE]water[/STRIKE].. Vodka by the bucket

All we are allowed is a measly litre a day :cry:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Chris,
Just book in, turn up, meet folk and join in.
No pressure from the Norfolk Methodists or the Welsh Druids to convert to Tesco shopping or riding Harleys backwards as a way of life.
Just a good crack with good folk.
(There is the lunatic fringe, of course.)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe this will give you a bit of a feeling of what it's like:

Broken Link Removed

I think it would be fair to say that it would be of interest to anyone no matter whether they are shy and retiring or 'life and soul' types. Give it a go, you've absolutely nothing to lose.
Wyn

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Seriously, the folk who attend the meets are all good company.. Woman and I have yet to attend any funster meet and not had a really enjoyable weekend.

And yes, it is true.. there never is any pressure to do anything.. You can just chill or be like join in the games and sing songs.. Its all good :thumb:

OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
All sounds good, we were really looking forward to it but there are no places left :cry:

Will have to keep my eye out for some others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back