What do you do

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Lot lover, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Lot lover

Lot lover Funster

when it's been raining solidly since Saturday night and the weather forecast says that it will continue until Sunday?

Drive south until you eventually find the sun I suppose? That's the point of an MH instead of hotel I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Seems to be a very wet year in France this year. We could blame my daughter---- she and family are making their first venture into France with their caravan this summer, and they usually have cr** holiday weather. :(
    Check the weather forecast and head South.

3. Lot lover

Lot lover Funster

May 2003 was just as bad here in the Lot. The water level in our sous-sol is rising but there's nothing that will come to much harm, I just have to paddle when I go to the big freezer.

Not just wet but b cold, both log burners are at full speed.

This weather plus the strikes will hit the tourist economy hard and our area is dependent on it but as the locals might say, sailor vee.

4. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

We're not heading to France for the first year in ages but we've always had great weather June-sept/October. It has been a funny year, weather wise and getting much less predictable. The winter seemed much longer this year and we were still firing up the log burners until a week or so ago and normally they go out in March and don't get used again until oct.

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We did that last year in August. Planned on going to the Baltic coast but after three days of rain and a 'grizzly' forecast, we turned south from north Holland and finally got to the sun in the Corbiere.