What do folks think about Concorde motorhomes?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Oriel, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Oriel

Oriel

One of the dealerships fairly close to us sells Concorde motorhomes. They look very nice but I don't seem to have read/heard much about them. Has anyone got any views?

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Fantastic quality but not cheap.
    We considered one a few years ago but too big for our type of travel and for us the lounge layouts just dont work.
    Still very nice vans though.

3. parknride

parknride Funster

I want one but my mum used to say "I want never gets":crying1:

Plus side, can do a lot of things with the saving from not buying one, like, don't go to work ::bigsmile:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Funster

If the dealer is on the coast in Hampshire and its name starts with "S" they appear to sell at top price. You can't buy better quality in a MH than Concorde and they are usually on a decent chassis with a generous payload. If buying, there's better value in buying second hand privately, in UK, if you can find one on sale here, or better still, through a dealer in Germany or France. The latter would save you around 20% on S********s' prices.

PS Try:- http://www.derfreistaat.de/wohnmobi..._aufsteigend&selNeuGebraucht=0&selergSeite=25

• Like Like x 1
  5. Forestboy

Mobilede always have plenty for sale.

6. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

We had a short list of 3 which included the Concorde, Carthago and Niesmann + Bischoff. I liked the new Concorde interior but the exterior styling is dated and boxy. The price comparison made it the most expensive. I assume your dealer is Southdowns and they have Carthago too so you can do some comparisons. We chose N+B Flair because of its engineering and exterior styling, the interior is not as contemporary as the Carthago which overall I think I preferred, but the Carthago had some wierd plumbing and internal leather choice was limited to say the least. You pays your money and takes your choice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mel

Mel Funster

I have only ever met one Concorde owner that was not happy.
    He had major electrical problems.
    I then found out it was due to a aftermarket towbar electrics.
    So a bit unfair to blame Concorde.
    Fantastic motorhome IMO
    If I was in that market it would be between Cartago & Concorde

8. Oriel

Oriel

We have a Niesmann & Bischoff Arto which we are pleased with overall but the dealership is over 400 miles away and its causing problems as we have a snagging list. We visited Southdowns recently and were impressed with the Concorde but, as I said earlier, I haven't seen any user reviews yet. We've only owned our MH for a few months and are unlikely to change it this year but I want to widen my search a bit as we both feel we'd choose a different layout next time.

There's only the two of us plus dog and another option we've been considering is the Hymer Duomobil... again though I haven't heard any feedback about them.

9. Forestboy

You know what they say when considering a new motorhome.

Layout Layout Layout

The very reason we wouldn't buy a
    Concorde don't like the layouts.

10. jdk62

jdk62 Funster

Do they have a pointy nose...?

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Yeh, and their 'kin fast! ;) :LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fantini

Fantini Funster

As a totally bias owners, we think they are great. We've always hankered after one since we started motorhoming. Second hand ones don't come up too often especially if you want a particular layout. If you get a chance go to the Düsseldorf motorhome show where you can see all the models. Yes we have had a few snagging issues and it is quite long and high, but once you're away in it there is nothing better. We're in France at the moment. Just try and see as many models as you can, then you will know if one is right for you.

13. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Who is in the British registered(56) N&B Flair in Menorca today?

14. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

@canopus has. Concorde I'm sure he would recommend them and give his views on them

15. calion

calion

I thought Concorde did van conversions? Must be a different company. The couple I've seen were panel van conversions with really high roofs. Very nice though

16. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Nice vans, like N+B still only one dealer but possibly closer for you. The entry model Credo I now on 5 tonne IVECO chassis but up to very recently you could get it on the FIAT as well. The Carver and Charisma are also on the IVECO but the heavier 6 or 7 tonne chassis and are quite tall at just under 3.5 metres, I like the fact that they build their own dashboard so it looks more integrated into the vehicle. Most motorhomes are built using the same equipment fridge, oven, heating system, water pump etc etc and it is usually these bits that give trouble so its down to how your dealer sorts these issues that makes or breaks it.

Certainly nice vehicles and quality build so as others have said its down to finding a layout that suits you and how deep your pockets are.

Martin

17. Popeye

Popeye Funster

We had four on our list three of which have already been mentioned. We plumped in the end for the Frankia Platin Plus because the layout suited us and the quality just had the edge over the Carthago. N & B and Concorde are both great vehicles but we didn't like the layout as much plus the Iveco was a little agricultural on the ear when compared to the New 3litre Merc.

p.s. Southdowns have been our local dealer for years and I have nothing but good to say about them.

18. funflair

I am told that the current IVECO mated to the ZF 8 speed torque converter auto is a cracking bit of kit, one thing I am not keen on in Mercedes based conversions is the large expanse of dashboard compared to the IVECO. But again as @Popeye says the layout has to suit.

The other top brand that is just finding its way into the UK market is Morelo, quality build and again on IVECO or Fiat.

Martin

19. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I have heard that too, from a very knowledgeable funster colleague, as regards the huge expanse of dash board, I have that on mine but that was the only compromise and we rarely have to draw down sun visors as a result.

20. funflair

There will always be a compromise whatever van it is, nice drive train though with the 3ltr V6 and I assume you have the 7 speed g tronic auto box.

Martin