Nessie

Free Member
Apr 22, 2014
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are looking at changing our motorhome to a Argos Burstner 747, but inside, mainly in the bed area above the cab there is a beading that goes between the roof and the wall, this is all cracked and broken. The dealer said they can replace this, but what could have caused it? Could it be heat or damp?

Does anyone have experience of this? Is it an area for concern?
:Confused:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to me that would indicate the roof has leaked at some point and been repaired with new boards. once disturbed the trims tend to crack or split

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

Nessie

Free Member
Apr 22, 2014
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Jenny
The van is a 57 plate.

It is also in the back garage just on one side.

Although we are buying from a dealer, we don't want any problems, and it is a lot of money!

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Nessie. If you are unsure. Don't do it !!!!! Look around to see if other dealers have one. Mistakes can prove costly. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Please insist upon a damp test before buying this van.
It may only be a superficial problem but you do not want it to be your problem.
Is the dealer a Burstner agent? If they are then perhaps they are in a better position to evaluate the problem; their problem not yours.
There are several Burstner 747's for sale in the UK... if in doubt; don't!
Chelston are the nearest Burstner dealers to you, so it could pay you to have a look at other models to see if they have the same problems.

Alan

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It's a wierd one --I today have gone into my own M/H not used it for 5 weeks and all around the top of the units between the cupboard tops and ceiling all the chaulking has cracked/dryed out -nether happened before -so needs redoing (five min job) The only thing I have done different is that I left the internal screens off --did not mean to just never noticed I had not put them on --this may have caused the van to get hotter than normal ? who knows
edit deffo no leaks or anything untoward --best to let them take off the beads and examine satisfy yourself once off
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nessie

Free Member
Apr 22, 2014
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are thinking it was a heat thing, especially now that Terry has said a similar thing, but I am thinking we should walk away too! There is another Burstner the same make and model, 1 year newer that we are interested in looking at, from a Burstner dealer it would coat us ÂŁ5000 more, but it has a longer warranty and in the long run, maybe better value.
Thanks everyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back