What colour is my Hymer?

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by Dave and Ginny, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Ok it's white!

So I know it's an enamel kinda finish and looks difficult to touch up, but I have a couple of little annoying bits that couldn't look any worse if I had a go at them.

Was hoping I might be able to match it with something from Halfords maybe?

2. Figaro

Figaro Funster

I would just go and look at the touch up selection in Halfords and find the nearest one to match, rather than use the manufactures colour (if you can find it).
    I`ve been wanting to smarten up my front bumper where the laquer has peeled off. A thread on here gave codes / names for the grey colour but Halfords system couldn`t find a match so I went down the isle and found a colour on the shelf that seems to be an excellent match after a test spray.
    I`ve not done the job yet, waiting to find the time to do it !
    By the way, upon looking into this I realised that the front bumper is a different grey to the rear bumper and they are both different to the grey bits on the sides and I believe all are original finishes, so shade match not so critical really as I`d never noticed before.
    I`ve matched it up the the rear which was slightly darker than the front.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Our local motor factors, Bolsover M1 J29a, so not a very long distance from you, match paint by comparing colour cards then mix to match

I would guess others do the same, ours is called Auto Supplies if that helps

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I was going to try the 'best match' approach at Halfords. It's just a couple of small scratches where the dark base coat is showing through so anything even almost matching would look better. I have the same on my front bumper but not enough to bother with just now; it's from stone chips chipping the lacquer and then possibly moisture getting underneath. I found that good old WD40 would creep under through the chip and almost made it disappear! What vehicle/colour code was the paint you got for your bumper by the way?

5. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Probably best not to put wd40 on as it will stop the paint sticking especially if its creeping under the lacquer. If they are small chips and a lacquered finish why not pet some clear lacguer on top to stabilise it until you get the paint? (but thats just my guess!!)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

That's probably a very good idea, although to be honest the WD40 only does a temporary job as it dries out after about a month. My front bumper is not that bad yet though to warrant any drastic action. I tried the WD40 after reading somewhere about it's ability to make scuffs and light scratches vanish. I've used it on my car and the MH and it does work but only a temp fix especially if much sun on it...so actually lasts months in the UK ;)

7. Figaro

Figaro Funster

@Dave and Ginny

This was the info posted on another thread

The colour of the front bumper is called Hymer Graumetallic A 9233. It is a special colour that can only be obtained from a Hymer dealer.
    But.....
    Hymer Graumetallic A 9233 and BMW salmon-silver metallic paint (RAL9007) is supposed to be quite similar.
    Regarding the colours we can tell you that at the front and the rear bumper the colour is „Citroen gris dolmen“ and at the side „NCS S 7000-N“.

That info was of no help in Halfords, they couldn`t identify it from that description. So I chose Rover Steel Grey off the shelf with a grey base primer and clear laquer finish. I did a test spray and looks good. Slightly darker than the existing front bumper but almost identical to the rear.
    All I need now is some time and some fine weather to do it !
    Hope this helps you.
    Chris

• Like Like x 2
  8. BusyBuilder

BusyBuilder Funster

9. Speve

Speve Funster

I just went to local car spares shop and got a white touch up pen had to pick between the different whites but managed to get one near enough as makes no difference then after a day or two went over it with a scratch removing cream and polished up afterwards can't even see the join although they were only a couple of very small scratches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Just blown in some scrapes on my rear corner moulding, Fiat White was a perfect match.
    According to Hymer the GRP front moulding is Carrara White there isn't a paint code for it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Figaro

Figaro Funster

@Lenny HB

I think your model is more recent than the op`s so maybe not the same ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Thanks for all the hint's tips and advice...I'll go visit Halfords when we're back home again.

Thanks (y)

13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

No sure if this is any use.. or correct..

Written in my Fiat handbook, Hymer 2001 ..

Touch-up Paint: Fiat Bianco 210

• Like Like x 2
  14. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

I'd guess your all sorted now but my brother manages a big car body shop and I asked him the same question. They "simply" run a spectrograph test on the paint and hey presto, perfect match!

• Informative Informative x 1