What caused this ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Vlad The Impaler, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Poor dog ,blood everywhere, traumatised kids ,motorhome inflicted injury.

image.jpg image.jpg

2. Cat53

Cat53 Funster

Poor little mite. Looks like he/she has sat on and engulfed a sink plunger!.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tootles

Tootles Funster

You got it stuck in your lunchtime sandwich?o_O

4. Eeyore

Eeyore Read Only Funster

A slammed hab door ? My finger throbs in sympathy even as I write....!

• Like Like x 1
  5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

"impaled" is the word I think, not "engulfed". :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. bellabee

bellabee Funster

Both our Dallies had to be docked because of tail injuries - one caused by getting tail trapped in a door. It's a hell of a job to try to stop the bleeding, especially as they wag their tails so much. Ended up having to repaint the wall.
    Hope your little dog is soon healing nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I kid you not in the 2 or 3 mins it took us to catch him there WAS blood everywhere walls,roof ,curtains,bedding,floor etc.
    Not nice at all, once at the vets a truly placid dog had to be muzzled and sedated.

Vlad

8. bellabee

bellabee Funster

Yes, I think it's a very painful injury. Hope it heals and you don't have to go down the docking route. Mind you, it's much better with ours since he was docked. He doesn't knock glasses off tables any more with his wagging tail

9. scousebird

scousebird Funster

aaahh

10. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Awe poor thing, hope he fells better soon.
    Can just imagine the mess :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Our cat had similar op, cos she walked with her tail upright with the red bandage on, we told the local kids she was radio controlled now :LOL:

• Like Like x 5
  12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Totally agree with that but not from the dogs ... when one of our dogs decided one night to snap at another one I heard the rumpus and ran downstairs to the breakfast room/corridor leading to the kitchen where they slept and promptly put my arm through the glass door which hadn't quite opened when I turned the handle! It shut the dogs up but I ended up with a lovely 1 inch crescent shaped scar on my wrist, a piece of glass sticking in my leg and another piece just above my upper lip ... that was it fortunately but they didn't half bleed!

As for the dogs ... one had the tip of her ear bitten off and whilst it didn't appear to be painful for her, she obviously didn't like the 'feeling' so was shaking her head to try to get rid of whatever she thought was on it ... consequently the room was splattered with blood ... it was all over the wall, ceiling, doors ... you name it ... it looked liked there'd been a mass murder in there! Due to my injury we couldn't clean it up immediately so in the end had to completely redecorate the ruddy room.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Our Labrador had to have her tail docked because of an injury. It still wagged for a week after it was removed.....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

One of our dogs, Lily, has a 'stump' as she was docked as a pup purely for 'cosmetic reasons' (we didn't get her until she was 5 months) and I've always wished she still had a full tail however our Tazzy loves Lily's stump ... she enjoys running after her and biting it!

Stump chasing.jpg
    DSCF2621.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  15. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

The poor little bugger sleeps at my feet every night and follows me when I get up to put the kettle on.On Monday morning Louise woke up on the dinette bed and decided to take my place and have a cuddle with mum.I decided to do my bit and strip the bed in readiness for breakfast.The dog snuck under the bed as he does and as I kneeled on it to gather up the duvet he let out a cry like no other and shot off blood squirting from his tail.
    At first I thought I'd trod on him but soon realised it was worse than that.When we had cleaned up and wrapped his tail in toilet paper fixed with a bobble the wife took him to the vet and I took the kids swimming.
    When we got back she phoned us to tell us that the end of his tail had been chopped off ! :Eeek:
    Apparently a few mm was missing,my eldest being curious looked under the table and called out oh my God daddy come and look at this.Where the table leg folds there was a chunk of meat and fur,the poor sods tail must have been in the gap when I kneeled on it closing the gap and cutting the end off :crying:
    Auto-trail should think themselves lucky we don't live in America or I'd be claiming for damages and therapy costs for us and the dog

Vlad

16. parknride

parknride Funster

Awww poor doggy.:cry: