Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Happy New Year Funsters. Now into our 2nd year of Motorhome ownership, had a brilliant 4 month tour of France and Northern Spain last year and are sitting here at home on a rainy 1st January 2017 thinking about our plan for this year, have a few ideas but nothing definate yet. Was just wondered what everyone is planning for next year ???

Enjoy your travels in 2017 wherever they may be.... :cheers:

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
This will be our first year of Motorhome adventures. Should pick the Motorhome up in 2 weeks, only experience before was a couple of weeks rental in New Zealand 3 years ago, but loved it.
First trip will be accross the Pyrenees into Spain, then driving down the coast for a couple of weeks.
It's very interesting reading funsters recommendations of their travels.
At the moment we are busy making lists of what we need.
Looking forward to it, should be fun. :)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Decided not to make any plans for 2017.In 2016 if we planned anything someone would throw a spanner in the worksxroll::xsurprised:
So for 2017 the only plan we are making is to make sure we make it to 2018:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Off through France to Spain through the Costas and into Portugal in the next 2 weeks ,hopefully find the sun ,any ideas any one ?

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi may see you on travels,it's only our 2nd year as well

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have booked lots weekends away in is country. Youngest doing exams so easter and may are at home :unsure:

We then booked a ferry for the summer and eldest said she would stay at home, so being a softy and wanting a family holiday we have booked a cruise from venice and doing the dreaded flying business! We are then off in August for two weeks somewhere but minus the eldest.

PeeAndDee

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Channel tunnel booked for February 27th as start of a leisurely 9 week meander through France on the way to Portugal and southern Spain, can't wait as this will be our first trip abroad in our motorhome

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
A month in a posh hotel in Benidorm fom February 6th, a week in April on a static site on a farm near Keswick we have been to many times, A month in BC Canada in late May/June, 9 days with mates in the IOM for the classic bike festival, and possibly Spain/Portugal in our new M/H september onwards, don't know how long yet, plus any other times we can get away in this country when we feel like it.:xThumb:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have done the equivalent of five and a half months in the van this/last year so have a target to beat.

The only thing decided as yet is a Carthago Owners rally in the Dordogne in September plus we will once again book into the CC rally field at RAF Fairford for RIAT in July.
Everything else is yet to be decided but if this bloody awful weather persists we might be heading south sooner than later.

Richard.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Channel tunnel booked for February 27th as start of a leisurely 9 week meander through France on the way to Portugal and southern Spain, can't wait as this will be our first trip abroad in our motorhome
Think we might be very close behind or in front of you.
Van has a hab check in the middle of Feb then we may be on the same sort of route. :)

Richard.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sicily for us, leaving in April on a three month trip. The original plan was to include Corsica and Sardinia in the same trip but I then realised there was enough in Sicily to keep us occupied. The other islands will have to wait. :xsmile:
Not sure about the end of the year, possibly Spain in September. Three months again if we do, so I think I will just book the ferry (Plymouth/Santander) as that seems to focus the mind!

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Newbie plans here!
Pick up first Mh May Ivybridge. Go 3 miles or so to the nearest site, (don't know where yet).
Play around with everything on board.

Go back to Ivybridge and ask a million questions.

Go back to near by site then repeat 3 more times.

Learn how to drive, sticking to main roads.
Park on our drive and wonder what the hell have I done?!!
Tentatively go down the main road again hoping I don't hit anything.
Look for main road camping sites and give it another try.
Ambition is the New Forest.
"2nd ambition to wild camp.

Sound familiar to your old hands?

Way way out and I mean waaaaaaay out, I would love to see Barcelona and travel down to Gibraltar!
Ohh the dreams!

In 2017, let them come true!!
xx

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Our new MH has been ordered for Feb. After 11 years of the old one we've opted for a more comfy interior layout. We plan to spend more time in it, we're not getting any younger, and we tend to hang on to vehicles for a long time, so it's got to last.

A month touring France is planned for the spring, followed by a further 3 weeks abroad in autumn which will include Austria and Germany as a bare minimum.

We're also changing the way we work (we both still work) to free up more long weekends for jaunts around the UK.

I'll probably be using it for weekend vintage events as well.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
2017 will be our third year of motor-homing. We've now retired and had 8 weeks in France and Spain from October last year our first foreign trip.
Now planning Springtime Switzerland-Italy-Slovenia-Croatia-Austria-Germany. Summer in UK, then head back to Spain in the Autumn perhaps doing Portugal and Western Spain down to Gibraltar.
Trouble is we also want to meet up with some of the people we met this year and so will fit in with them.
One very important consideration is our Dalmatian, who has Chronic Heart Failure and we need to understand his needs now while he is still with us. We all had a great trip with him around Spain and hopefully he will be fit enough to do it all again. Rest and exercise in small doses seems to work for him and fits our touring style so here's hoping.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We've got a week booked to include Paris in May. The MHF English Whisky met in July. Hopefully Valkenburg in December (it's in the planning). Hopefully lots of weekends on rallies with local clubs.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
South Africa 'til March then May & June GB somewhere (usually go "aire-ing" in France but really ought to see some GB - never been north of Watford).
Malaga area in September (fly/drive) to look for likely overwintering places (apartments) for future years.
Back to Cape Town in November (family visit).
Lots of local 2 nighters in between.
Phew.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
[QUOTE="GeriatricWanderer, post: 2172810, member: 34964"but really ought to see some GB - never been north of Watford).

.[/QUOTE]

:xdoh::xlaugh: I've ventured as far as Leeds.:xlaugh: It took a great deal of agonising though.:xgrin:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Newbie plans here!
Pick up first Mh May Ivybridge. Go 3 miles or so to the nearest site, (don't know where yet).
Play around with everything on board.

Go back to Ivybridge and ask a million questions.

Go back to near by site then repeat 3 more times.

Learn how to drive, sticking to main roads.
Park on our drive and wonder what the hell have I done?!!
Tentatively go down the main road again hoping I don't hit anything.
Look for main road camping sites and give it another try.
Ambition is the New Forest.
"2nd ambition to wild camp.

Sound familiar to your old hands?

Way way out and I mean waaaaaaay out, I would love to see Barcelona and travel down to Gibraltar!
Ohh the dreams!

In 2017, let them come true!!
xx
Ivybridge? Either an Autosleepers or a Murvi. If the latter (what I have) treat Rex's delivery estimates as a well-intentioned but essentially humorous suggestion. :xgrin:

Jul 25, 2015
east devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer b674
Exp
since 2013
Planning to escape from work in August, spring/summer/autumn in Europe in the van. Winter in the southern hemisphere back packing. Am 56 and in good health but have family history that makes me nervous of leaving things too long and want to get 3 or 4 years travelling whilst the going is good. Cant wait

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We only managed a disappointing 52 nights away in 2016 due to school and work commitments, we're determined to make 2017 a better year.
We've got Sandy Balls coming up, The Netherlands for Easter and Pentewan Sands for the spring bank holiday.
Followed by Glastonbury Festival and summer holiday. This year it's French Atlantic coast, Pyrenees and a couple of lazy weeks on the Med (takes us to approx. 60 nights)
The rest of the calendar is free, so plenty of opportunity to squeeze a few more trips in :)

Untitled.jpg

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
depending on the way things pan out, may have some long term plans in place, just waiting on a few things to fall in place.(i dont mean the lotto balls:xrofl::xrofl:)

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
A hugely neglected country with so much to offer. Add the Neckar to the river list. Great campsites and the take the boat into Heidelberg.

It's a pity the Germans don't allow street view, can't post links.
I have been wondering why I could not get it to work, thought it was me or my laptop!! Any other countries that don't allow it?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have been wondering why I could not get it to work, thought it was me or my laptop!! Any other countries that don't allow it?

To be honest I'm just guessing they don't allow it, don't know about other countries.

DING ! Didn't someone post on here that they did not get the full path of the Berlin HGV atrocity because the CCTV cameras had been turned off to protect privacy. Silly Germans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back