What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
"GROGGY64, post: 2736627, member: 50399"]We bought the 79-4 last September and are absolutely delighted with it. Enjoy! Where will your first trip be?

I have a week off so we are spending first night near the dealer and then working our way down to Taunton to Vanbitz to get growler and tracker fitted, a couple of days in Devon with friends, Winchester to show off to son and daughter in law and grandchildren (they are bringing dinner:D), up to Pattishal for S in Laws b'day bash, back down to Oxford to steal two grandsons for a night and then Mothers day meal at a pubstop on Sunday. Will then drive back to Inverness over Mon and Tuesday to be back in time for night duty ! Should put the van through it's paces and will cover around 1300 miles - beginning to think my insurance limit of 6000 a year might need upgrading![/QUOTE]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
"GROGGY64, post: 2736627, member: 50399"]We bought the 79-4 last September and are absolutely delighted with it. Enjoy! Where will your first trip be?

I have a week off so we are spending first night near the dealer and then working our way down to Taunton to Vanbitz to get growler and tracker fitted, a couple of days in Devon with friends, Winchester to show off to son and daughter in law and grandchildren (they are bringing dinner:D), up to Pattishal for S in Laws b'day bash, back down to Oxford to steal two grandsons for a night and then Mothers day meal at a pubstop on Sunday. Will then drive back to Inverness over Mon and Tuesday to be back in time for night duty ! Should put the van through it's paces and will cover around 1300 miles - beginning to think my insurance limit of 6000 a year might need upgrading!
[/QUOTE]

Be careful with the mileage, our first year with the Hymer I put 5000 miles, ended up being nearer to 7000, there might be a problem with insurance if you was involved in an accident ??

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Got a ferry to catch down south. Going to give ourselves an extra day.

Reactions: Pia

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
They've given me 6000 but I asked what would happen if I went over and they said just to let them know. If I hadn't had any claims by then the'yd just put it up.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Off to Shell Island to try out new awning.--------------------------------------Only joking, Not that daft.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Got a ferry to catch down south. Going to give ourselves an extra day.
Errrr not yet we haven't, chose to delay the trip would struggle to get the van out of storage.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Errrr not yet we haven't, chose to delay the trip would struggle to get the van out of storage.
We share your pain!

Already delayed our trip to France/Spain by 48hrs and it now looks as though another 48 hour delay may be necessary.

Each change of plan is costing us as Eurotunnel increase charges for travel at relatively short notice ie 48 hours instead of the three months ahead of our original booking.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We are (weather allowing), dropping off our motorhome back at the dealers for it to be collected by lorry and taken back to the factory to have the passenger side of the Hab area replaced. It is all due to a 'bubble' in the laminate which has been there from new and looks likely to have been the result of too long a screw being fitted internally in the bedside cabinet and pushing out the outer GRP layer of the wall.
We have deliberated for hours about having the work done as it is an huge amount of work for a small area, but I notice it everytime I walk past so back to the factory she goes.
We should get her back sometime in the middle of April, we will lose out on using her for Easter but as we have just bought and moved into a new house in need of total renovation, I can use the Easter break to make some (small) headway on the huge list of jobs that need doing on the house!

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
We were going away tomorrow for a week, firstly to Stratford upon Avon and then Cambridge, but currently we are snowed in!

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
We are (weather allowing), dropping off our motorhome back at the dealers for it to be collected by lorry and taken back to the factory to have the passenger side of the Hab area replaced. It is all due to a 'bubble' in the laminate which has been there from new and looks likely to have been the result of too long a screw being fitted internally in the bedside cabinet and pushing out the outer GRP layer of the wall.
We have deliberated for hours about having the work done as it is an huge amount of work for a small area, but I notice it everytime I walk past so back to the factory she goes.
We should get her back sometime in the middle of April, we will lose out on using her for Easter but as we have just bought and moved into a new house in need of total renovation, I can use the Easter break to make some (small) headway on the huge list of jobs that need doing on the house!

Just spoken to the factory and the repair has been rescheduled due to the weather.

Beginning to think I will just live with the small bulge/bubble as most other people dont notice it until I point it out....

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Just spoken to the factory and the repair has been rescheduled due to the weather.

Beginning to think I will just live with the small bulge/bubble as most other people dont notice it until I point it out....
I'd get it fixed. Might expand with time. Also dealer could claim negligence at some point and refuse other snags.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Pugs in for mot today. We forgot !
We were going to go to Whitby, but I doubt we shall be venturing out because of the roads. But you never know......

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
As most places this weekend we have this morning drifts on our yard and in our lane leading to the A470 drifts 6 foot high and still high winds and snow coming down so going nowhere fast
Plenty of heating .logs .coal & food. so will just stay put
And see what happens tomorrow .much the same me thinks.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Due to go to Dorset for our granddaughters 2nd birthday party, hope this snow stays away from midlands and Dorset
Did you get down here for granddaughters birthday party? The roads are a nightmare!

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
I'd get it fixed. Might expand with time. Also dealer could claim negligence at some point and refuse other snags.

We have had the motorhome from new and she is now 18 months old and and the bulge/bubble has not got any worse. To be honest, having spent time investigating the cause and satisfying myself that it wasnt delamination, I can see no reason why it should get any worse.

The biggest issue is that the dealer no longer holds the franchise so they are less than enthusiastic to get involved or carry out any repairs and have palmed it off onto the manufacturer for the side to be replaced. Thankfully the manufacturer has been very professional in their approach to the situation.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
@cornish boy if the manufacturer thinks it needs doing and is willing to do it get it done. doubt they would offer to do it if they weren't worried about future issues.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
NOT sure yet , we might go to Whitby .

Pugs in for mot today. We forgot !
We were going to go to Whitby, but I doubt we shall be venturing out because of the roads. But you never know......

Well Ralph’s come back from his job early as he’s found asbestos....
So as Pug was having his MOT today , he’s picked him up on the way back. The roads and motorway are clear around here now.
So now we’re off camping to West Stockwith .
We’ll come back after Sunday lunch .
Unless we get snowed in ........
Have a good weekend whatever you do .

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
@cornish boy if the manufacturer thinks it needs doing and is willing to do it get it done. doubt they would offer to do it if they weren't worried about future issues.

Its a cosmetic issue being claimed under warranty, the bulge/bubble itself is smaller than size of a table tennis ball cut in half.

My reservation is based upon sending our watertight motorhome with no damp issues away to have the entire side removed and a new side installed requiring the refitting of windows, hab door, garage door, gas locker door, BBQ point, water filler, etc, all of which will have been removed from the original side before being re-installed. The risk for hairline cracks or leaks is very real and any issues will need to be addressed direct with the factory moving forward because our supplying dealer no longer has the franchise.

Having spoken to the factory today, with the delay due to the weather, we are unlikely to get our motorhome back until the end of May and the thought of losing the use of it for three months for a small cosmetic issue is making me question the whole thing. :(

I personally dont believe that the side needs replacing. My current thinking is to submit a repair plan to the factory and if they agree to the process, then I will carry out the work myself.

However, I have taken on board your comments and I will sleep on it and see how I feel about it in the morning. (y)

The bulge/bubble is just below the bottom left corner of the this window, as I said, its cosmetic and unless you know its there, you most likely may not even see it.

fullsizeoutput_b9f.jpeg

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Being snowbound as we have been for 3 days now, no way in or out of the village as roads blocked in both directions by drifting snow!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back