What are you looking forward to this year. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looking forward to a few things this year firstly spending more time in our mh and getting away as often as possible. Spending more time with my Mum and Dad now he has finally retired as all you self employed folk will know it can take over your life, since my dad has retired we have started going walks with the Toby round the forest and just spending time together so loads more of that.

Looking forward to things picking up at work as this recession is killing my work as i work in manufacturing, so would be nice to see a wee upturn instead of all the doom and gloom we have.

Lastly but just as important meet all the funsters that are going to chester.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
My wife thinks it'll be Easter (its early 29th March this year) until we get away.

I'm not waiting that long!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Our first meet since joining Motorhome fun, likely to be Newbury!!

Need a bit of FUN and light relief. Thats what we are looking forward toooooo.:winky:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
::bigsmile:England winning the rugby and then are tour of wales in the summer::bigsmile:
:Smile:Just driving up down & around the country stopping where we like:Smile:
:thumb:New Zealand citizenship comes through then the real plans can start:thumb:

Rob.
.Chelsea get a new manager for a change:ROFLMAO:sooner the better:thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'm looking forward to the two MH trips abroad, to starting a part-time job in which I learn a completely new (but very old) skill, to finishing my current teaching contract in July and to finding different ways of earning money in the run up to early retirement next year.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Looking forward to adventures in our new van - France and Germany on our way home from Spain in April / May.:Smile:
Bring and Buy meet in June and meeting up with friends old and new! :thumb:
Spending time with kids and grandkids. ::bigsmile:
Travelling around UK during the summer. :Smile:
Catching up with family and friends.:Smile:
Coming back to Zahora in the autumn!:thumb::thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
We're looking forward to spending the summer in Canada with familiy and friends and to camping by the lakes in our trailer.

Really looking forward to the Alberta steak. :Smile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Looking forward to ou3 monthr trip around France starting 25th March just got to get the travel insurance sorted. Saddened that Susie won't be with us this time bless her little paws.
Planning to go to America in December for another 3 months.
Leave the dreaded winter behind, had enough of the cold.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Lots of weekends away in the Motorhome. By ourselves and with various D.A's and groups we are with.
2 weeks family holiday with the kids in Agia Galini Southern Crete , where we married 19 years ago, and its hardly changed since then .
A week up in Scotland in the motorhome.
Aaaaaaand i know its next year really , in January my 50th Birthday 2 week trip to a tiny island in the Maldives. :clap: so excited .
Just Ralph and I , no kids ( even if they were allowed , which they are not ), were staying in a Jacuzzi beach villa on stilts in the sea. Not wishing the year away , but we cant wait.....

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
In October we celebrate our 50th Wedding Aniiversary and Derek will be 80 in November. ::bigsmile: We decided to make the whole year special so last December we dipped into our savings and bought an Autotrail. We joined the Funsters at Uttoxeter to celebrate New Year's Eve and had so much fun that we have booked Chester, Peterborough Show and Straford - the perfect introduction for newbies!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As for the rest of 2013 we are still hoping to conquer the garden, sort the photographs, do more exercise, lose weight, tidy the garage ..............

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Nothing else to look forward to this year.:Sad:

Now, next February is a different matter!

Skiing time again!!::bigsmile:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
Sixtieth birthday in June, then hopefully i can get my pension released. Not a huge amount but will allow me to spend a few quid on an A class Hymer type motorhome, and get rid of my sad old prison truck!

Then who knows, maybe meet some of you lovely people, out and about.

But the best bit of the lot is knowing I dont have to go to work!:ROFLMAO::thumb:

sampain

Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Our rennovation project in northern France is due to be completed, so looking forward to having more family and friends coming over to stay with us.
We hope to retire in 3 years and 2 months and 12 months before that we plan to buy our first MH (maybe joined this site a little prematurely), travel round Europe for a year then settle down in France.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's the silly season, but.. there's a little more light at the end of each day, were dragging ourselves out of winter. Most of us are itching to get away. What's keeping you sane? What are you looking forward to doing this year?
Going to enjoy looking for a new van but not for delivery before the 63 plate arrives in September.That 13 plate is a bit scary for me.:Eeek:

A few breaks already booked that I am looking forward to, a week with some good friends in a villa in Cala d’or Majorca, three weeks in the US, meeting my son in California then flying back to his place in New York for a week or so. Maybe a few weeks with family in Melbourne, Apart from that I will be having a few trips away with the Pennine in tow and of course visits to some shows starting with Peterborough in April .:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Going to enjoy looking for a new van but not for delivery before the 63 plate arrives in September.That 13 plate is a bit scary for me.:Eeek:

A few breaks already booked that I am looking forward to, a week with some good friends in a villa in Cala d’or Majorca, three weeks in the US, meeting my son in California then flying back to his place in New York for a week or so. Maybe a few weeks with family in Melbourne, Apart from that I will be having a few trips away with the Pennine in tow and of course visits to some shows starting with Peterborough in April .:thumb:

That is quite interesting actually Buttons -I would be curious to know how sales of not just motorhomes, but cars also would be effected by the 13 Plate. Of course, 13 isn't 'unlucky' in some other cultures, and is actually seen as quite the oppposite.

Would definitely be interesting though! I wonder how long it will take the motor industry to comment on its' effect on sales?

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
After buying our first van in July 2012 and then buying any amount of accessories, gizmos and gadgets, this year I look forward to loads of trips away and using it all lol

We did about 2000 miles July to Dec so intend getting more under the belt in 13 and gaining experience along the way.

We can do check in, fill water, on pitch, level up, hook up, telly tuned and beer out without drama and with ease.

With a bit of sun we could add awning out, barby lit, chairs out and more beer :)

Hope everyone has a great season

Andy

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How many mpg ?
As long as it is under 2m to fit in multi story car parks, sleeps 4 with 5 belted seats can cruise at motorway speeds in silence, with good cooking facilities, wc and of course a/c then I will settle for anything over 40mpg.:thumb:
Any ideas or recommendations.:winky:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As long as it is under 2m to fit in multi story car parks, sleeps 4 with 5 belted seats can cruise at motorway speeds in silence, with good cooking facilities, wc and of course a/c then I will settle for anything over 40mpg.:thumb:
Any ideas or recommendations.:winky:

That could be a bit difficult.

How flexible are you ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back