What are you doing this weekend? (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Just back from Silverstone after a weekend of classic motor racing. The Woodlands site was pretty chewed up after the formula one, but in 2 weeks, they had it back usable.

Had to be towed on and towed off, no problems, at least the sun was shining when we came off

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Up on a roof

Got out for a quick bike ride yestrday morning in the glorious sunshine. Did a bit of lawn mowery..

Then spent the rest of the afternoon on the van roof with a large sealant gun - removed all the skylights; scraped off the manky old sealant, re-sealed and reassembled. In the recent torrential weather the one above my bunk in particular had a nasty habit of dripping on me :Sad:.

Hopefully all sorted. Now just need some rain to test it ::bigsmile:

And discovered that the roof makes a very nice sun terrace :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just had a weekend at Peak Gateway Leisure Club Osmaston Derbys

Attending a Mega Piratemania V Event geocaching , weather was great from Saturday morn

Jim this is a poss rally field for Fun in the future (they have 3 ) very well organised site friendly and helpful, own shop, cafe, Pub, restaurant, fancy dress shop, geo shop etc but very useful was their own tractor to tug you out if needed and no fee ........we paid rally rates Ā£11 per nite, the camp site has electric, and there is free shuttle bus Saturdays

The event had over 1000 folk attend and coped no prob

A great time was had much grog and walking the plank arrrrgh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forgot to mention they have a function room also

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Spent the weekend at the smallholding, Andyman came for a flying visit and dropped off my latest purchase of a bandsaw (once again many thanks) on his way to Woolacombe for the surf, The home made wine was too sweet for his taste so they managed to get away completely sober :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Fruit and veg are a total washout this year with all yeilds down to a handfull. I have spent the weekend in the sun repacing rotten timbers on the summerhouse, apart from the odd hour or five watching newbies trying to erect a tent, (tent and awning erection watching is fast becoming a national pastime) at the conclusion of which they vowed to sell it and make do with the motorhome and let the kids stay at home:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. they will hopefully be joining fun shortly.
A new sign outside now encourages motorhomes rather than just camping which seemed to draw in only the tenters.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Laying a new deck area and building a canopy over it .. .. then a BBQ later

looks like a cracking day .. just waiting on Wikes delivering the decking boards ::bigsmile:

Deck and canopy completed a few weeks ago.. and it's great, haven't had a meal indoors since it went up.. also built a garden table with the surplus decking ...

A few pics of the build and me cooling off afterwards Link Removed

DSCN0350.JPG

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Deck and canopy completed a few weeks ago.. and it's great, haven't had a meal indoors since it went up.. also built a garden table with the surplus decking ...

DSCN0350.JPG
Looks a brilliant bit of new space must have many uses.:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

DSCN0350.JPG

Well done Jim :thumb: but be careful in winter -slips as hell :winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well done Jim :thumb: but be careful in winter -slips as hell :winky:

winter in Suffolk ?? It's sunny all the time .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thanks for the warning .. I've ordered non slip shoes for her indoors :roflmto:

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Where are we

In Kinross, just visited Loch Levin castle and now having a beer at the Bistro overlooking the Loch. God life is hard.:ROFLMAO:

Jan 15, 2022
Llanelli, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
We are in sunny West Wales. Warm but a little breezy. It is our first proper outing since buying in Feb. So far so good. Couple of little niggles to be sorted out e.g reed circuit board for toilet is broken. New one on order. Beds are very comfy, heating and hot water working well. Just planning our next trip

Attachments

• IMG20220320151650.jpg
    IMG20220320151650.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 5
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
No idea what I was doing in 2012. We didn't even have a motorhome then.

But had a productive weekend this weekend, serviced the Duke motorcycle and today I'm fixing the van water heater šŸ‘ŒšŸ˜Ž

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
sorting out the wardrobes, charity shops here we come... #housenotmotorhome

most of it we dont remember buying or wearing....

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Just been recomissioning the Lambretta as its been sat in the garden for two and a half years. New battery, cleaned out the tank, cleaned stripped and rebuilt the carb, stripped and rebuilt the hydraulic front brake and new disc. Just need some 2 stroke tomorrow and see if it will start before selling it.

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back