What are you doing this Bank Holiday (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
staying home as we have a car boot sail to rese funds for the cadets it has taken over life just a bit but loving it
:Smile:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Busy checking we have got everything as we are off for a month in Alaska/Vancouver on Wednesday, doing an 8 day landtour then a 7 day cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver, then staying with family for 2 weeks in Vancouver, we will be visiting Ucuelet/Tofino on Vancouver Island for a few days, Can't wait. !!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We'll be flying to Houston on Monday pick the bike up on Tuesday start the trip to Alaska on Wednesday 15000 long miles ahead of us. :whatthe: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You shouldn't have asked me that question!:ROFLMAO:

We planned to take mother-in-law to a nice holiday cottage in Norfolk for a week. We were going to hire a car, as the 4x4 is in the garage, and too big for her to climb into anyway. Easy eh?

Then on Tuesday the other half got a speeding ticket, noticed the slightly out of date address - so thought she would get that changed, to save another fine on top. She did mine at the same time...nice of her eh?

Then it dawned on me on Thursday when we were confirming the hire car....we had no licences to show them, as they were at DVLA having the addresses changed....hire car out of the window.

So we had to 'buy a banger' - you think that is simple? couple of days to find a reliable wreck? We got one by late last night, a Xsara - diesel, few months mot/tax - quite clean, and drove very well. Had no wiper blades, as I discovered in torrential rain on the way back.

Insurance is sorted, car sorted - everything fine! .......It wouldn't start this morning!:ROFLMAO: Looks like alternator is pushing 14.05, rather than 14.5. So taking the booster pack as back up!

So what am I doing.....going to Norfolk, and then de-stressing with several gallons of anything alcoholic!:thumb:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Smug!!

We`re at St Neots CCC site, enjoying glass of red :wine:, fresh olives, music, warmth and for entertainment...... we have the Tent people who seem to be struggling in the rain for an hour or more erecting their igloos! We nearly made them a cup of tea.......but cos they took so long we`re now pi**ed and it was more entertaining to watch!!......... Feeling guilty now but slightly smug....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We had planned to go away this week in the van with our granddaughter.
But Gwen saw a Honda Jazz automatic she liked and had to have it. Dealer offered a crap trade in so I've advertised the Skoda Octavia on ebay, autotrader and the local paper and I'm waiting for the phone to ring :Sad:
The Skoda's been a fantastic car. Never had a spanner on it in five years apart from regular services. Wouldn't be selling it if it wasn't that Gwen needs an auto because of her bad back.
Spent today taking photos of dozens of pairs of Gwens shoes cos. she's going to spend all Sunday listing them on eBay.
Of course she says that she's only going to buy sensible shoes from now on.
That's what she said two years ago when we had the last eBay shoe clear out. :Angry:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I am trying to get the wife to go to Paris for the weekend, but no! She wants to stay at home with me!

Craig

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Off to Chatsworth until Thursday, hope for good weather but woun't mind if it rains the whole time, we have our books and plenty of wine.

David

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Here on the coast at Seaburn on a C &CC holiday rally for at least the next week its only 5 miles from daughters so she drops off our gorgeous grand daughter while they are both at work.

Nice spot handy for Sunderland and nearby shops, there are almost 90 tuggers and motorhomes here and they are expecting more for the weekend.

Wild night with gales supposed to lessen as day goes on:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi Stewart,

Is that the field next to Morrisons........?

:Smile:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I Arivd at Thetford. Yesterday evening for the Jaws Bash
Great turn out.
Sun shine this morning after a cold night
Had a slight prang in the RV on the sleaford roundabout
In the 5pm trafic. What a night mare
Only slight damage to RV. But now a lot of hastle with insurance
Bloody young drivers in high power cars will end up killing some one if thd do not slow down
Hagers bash is next meet on my list :thumb:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
bank holiday

we wont go away again on a bank holiday if you go to the seaside its packed if you manage to get there after all the jams queing thers nowhere to park. we go through the week when theres no jams and can park where you want the hassle of going on a bank holiday is worse than a bad day at the office but good luck to those that have set off their going to need it.:thumb: steve

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I Arivd at Thetford. Yesterday evening for the Jaws Bash
Great turn out.
Sun shine this morning after a cold night
Had a slight prang in the RV on the sleaford roundabout
In the 5pm trafic. What a night mare
Only slight damage to RV. But now a lot of hastle with insurance
Bloody young drivers in high power cars will end up killing some one if thd do not slow down
Hagers bash is next meet on my list :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the incident
however don't take the words too seriously

I know its called the Jaws Bash but wait till you get there
sorry we missed you however have fun.
Will catch up at Haggers Bash Hopefully !:winky:

Roger & Sheila :Smile:::bigsmile:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I am sitting in Craig Tara in Ayr, sun splitting the trees, boys footy competition on, and European Cup final tonight, heaven is surely Scotland in the sun.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Wildcamped last night at Preston pans and woke up this morning to glorious sunshine, so lazy day sitting in the sun.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I am sitting in Craig Tara in Ayr, sun splitting the trees, boys footy competition on, and European Cup final tonight, heaven is surely Scotland in the sun.

You can't beat a sunny day on the Clyde coast.........long may it continue:thumb:
I bet Arran looked glorious as well, don't let anyone ever tell you it always rains in Scotland:winky:

Margaret::bigsmile:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
the clyde

Scotland is a lovely country and a great place to be. but then again so is the black hole of Calcutta.steve:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We spent last week at a C&CC THS at Bridlington and came home Friday morning before the traffic rush started.

Cleaned the van inside on Friday afternoon and caught up on some gardening in the sun yesterday.

Today I will clean the van roof and tomorrow we'll clean the rest of the outside. May also find time to get a bit more gardening in seeing as this side of the country is forecast to have good weather :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are not using the motorhome this weekend, but as it is a warm and sunny morning we will be using our bikes. It will be our first outing on them this year, so a nice easy ride along the canal towpath should suffice. That is if I can manage to fit a bell on to mine before we go.

Brisey.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
On 5 a.m ferry tomorrow from Dieppe to Newhaven. Then to New Forest Setthorns and then small site from Wednesday.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
this weekend

Hi, All we are off to the Battle of the Atlantic celebrations in Liverpool lots of things to see and do and remember. Ships of all nations open to the public :thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yesterday we went to Hutton le hole ,and stayed at the Crown pub. You can park at the back for £4.50 without hook up or £9.50 with. :thumb:
We walked into the next village Lastingham , only about a mile and a half walk and had a lovely lunch sat outside in the sunshine at th Blacksmiths arms. Lovey food , ale , and environment .
We are now in Pickering on a temp holiday site just past the steam railway. You can normally use the CL if your lucky to get on Mount Terrace. Ralph's cooking brunch , bacon , egg, mushroom , tomato, sausage mmmm. We set off this morning after having just a coffee to avoid the traffic . It's lovely and sunny , the dogs are under the van bellies on the cool grass:Cool:
Hope it's nice where ever you are.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
A Funster's Autosleeper motorhome is sitting outside the shop in Llandovery this morning - was it you ? :Smile: No one in site or I would have said hello.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Now back home after 8 great days spent in the Dales:thumb:

We had planned to move on somewhere else yesterday, but couldn't get booked up anywhere else, so decided to come home. Garden looks like a wilderness now, so Bill is cutting the grass and I'm doing the pile of washing while the good weather is still holding on here:Sad:

Nearly came a cropper on the Hawes to Sedbergh road, an idiot in a BMW flying towards a bend on the wrong side of the road, whilst on his mobile:Eeek:
Enjoy the rest of the weekend wherever you are, hope the sun keeps shining::bigsmile:

jimire

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
renfrewshire, scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Got our first van last week, after looking far and wide wide (or so it seemed ) we bought an older autotrail cheyenne 614 locally just a few streets away. Not what we thought we wanted, but it feels just right. couldn't wait to get away, and spent first couple of nights at site just outside Oban and loved it. Now that we're finally mobile hope to meet some of you at some time.

Irene

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Congratulations on getting your motorhome.

From now on things just get better and better.:Smile:

Enjoy your travels, so much Fun.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back