What are you doing this Bank Holiday (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
May see you there Craig!Travelling to the Somme tomorrow overnight there.
Calais-Dover Saturday morn,London then Stoke,IOM Wednesday Steam Racket.I stay in Kirkmichael with friends.Enjoy you TT, let's hope it's a safe and dry one ha ha,maybe!:Cool:

Have a safe trip. Given a good weekend weather wise here, then $hite on monday. I will be marshalling at Whitegates flag, at the end of Beaumont road, Ramsey. You're welcome.

Craig

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Family do, Buxton half marathon, palace at Wembley, sleep, dog walking, listening to Nikki telling the handyman what jobs she wants done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
We're off to the Thetford bash - with the Blackbird and plenty of thermals:thumb:

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
ALRC National Rally

We are going to the Land Rover clubs National Rally at Usk. So a weekend of Land Rovers are Beer.::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Heading up to Edinburgh after work today haviing a rest day tomorrow then the small matter of Edinburgh marathon on Sunday before driving back home to do my 12 hour night shift. Apart from that quite an easy laid back weekend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have always avoided the Bank Holiday rush but this weekend we are off to Cornwall because the grand-sprogs are off for the week, pray for me everyone.

On the way home I might invade Old Mo and Wildman and even take a detour up into Wales to annoy Jim, Sherriff and Champers, but I'll probably head straight for the New Forest for the last of the week...........Griff

.........I pray for fair weather and safe passages for you all.........:thumb:
You will be fine--don`t worry , having young un`s around makes you feel 30 years younger yourself.!
Might seem hard work at the time but they do keep your mind active::bigsmile:
When mine disappear for a while i just sleep and vegitate

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Heading north of the border today in the motorhome on a mini tour of Scotland. :thumb:

Hoping to recruit a few new stopovers while there of course!

Steve :Smile:
(taking a break from packing the van in the rain)

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Cumbrian Coast. Allonby for a few days, then a drive south to Boughton on Furness for a few more days. Using CL's.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We don't know yet. Ralph has a job Saturday morning , so if we do it will be Sat and Sun Night only. No jobs to catch up on at home. Just a bit of ironing that i'm going to do this morning. We won't be taking any of the kids as they all have plans.
So even if its going to chuck it down we shall probably find a CCC rally to go on or something.
Its better if its bad weather it keeps all the fair weather folk off the roads :ROFLMAO::winky:

Well Ralphs just phoned, hes doing the little Saturday morning job, this afternoon all being well.
So whilst he was waiting for the concrete to be delivered he looked on his trusty Iphone and decided that a trip to Pickering would be very nice. Some nice beer and a steak and ale pie in the pub are in order.
So thats where we are off . The showground with the CCC.
We shall put up the funster flag and if any funsters are around come and say hello:Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
It's a bank holiday so will be staying at home as we can't deal with bank holiday crowds. Although we have just got back from a very pleasant week in Masham and finally managed a tour of the Black Sheep Brewery.

We're still on the Lower Wensleydale site, but plan to do the Black Sheep Brewery before heading back home to Scotland.::bigsmile:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
we,ve travelled 30 miles down the road to mill farm just outside bridgwater,came down thursday so no problems on m5 south,currently in company with daughter,son-in-law and a total of 7 grandchildren(all except 1 out in tents)awaiting the arrival of son and daughter-in-law with 2 more grandchildren.looking forward to bbq and beer and discussing the merits of a cadac versus a "proper barby",young pete,s bringing his all smoking burger burning outfit which he swears by..We,ll see:Smile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We've got a gig tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon so staying home for the Bank Holiday.

Teaching uke workshops at the Acoustic Festival in Uttoxeter next weekend (at the racecourse, great memories of New Year's eve there :roflmto: )

Any funsters going to be there?

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I have always avoided the Bank Holiday rush but this weekend we are off to Cornwall because the grand-sprogs are off for the week, pray for me everyone.

On the way home I might invade Old Mo and Wildman and even take a detour up into Wales to annoy Jim, Sherriff and Champers, but I'll probably head straight for the New Forest for the last of the week...........Griff

.........I pray for fair weather and safe passages for you all.........:thumb:

I've just remembered that as it never rains in Denmead, we should move down there:Doh::winky: It's wet and windy here in Lower Wensleydale, but we'll hopefully make it to the Black Sheep Brewery before we move off:thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Staying at home and getting the home, BBQ out of storage having a few friends and family round for Hog roast and a few bevies on the patio windy and damp at the mo so could change by w/e ::bigsmile:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Here on the coast at Seaburn on a C &CC holiday rally for at least the next week its only 5 miles from daughters so she drops off our gorgeous grand daughter while they are both at work.

Nice spot handy for Sunderland and nearby shops, there are almost 90 tuggers and motorhomes here and they are expecting more for the weekend.

Wild night with gales supposed to lessen as day goes on:thumb::thumb::thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Well we are sat on a Rugby pitch in Thetford,just waiting for the sun to go in so we can step outside without getting burnt.::bigsmile:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
bank holiday

I was thinking of going to the rugby league magic weekend at old Trafford Manchester this weekend iys on for 2days sat n sun and wild camp it there but changed my mind.on Monday will just chill out at home because its a toil of a trouble to go anywhere with every where packed and traffic jams. but for all those that do good luck and have a nice time .steve n sue:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just arrived back after a couple of weeks away so enjoying the week end at home with family, daughter cooking us Sunday dinner so that should be good.

In the war my dad was in the Navy and was in the Battle of the Atlantic and also the Russian convoys, so tomorrow friends are taking us to Liverpool for the day to see all the ships arriving
Battle of the Atlantic

IN May 2013 the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic (BOA 70) will be commemorated with a series of events centred around the cities of Liverpool, London and Derry-Londonderry.

The Battle of the Atlantic was the longest continuous military campaign in World War 2, at its height from mid-1940 through to the end of 1943. The BOA demonstrated the enduring importance of control of the sea to provide a highway for the transport of raw materials, munitions, and men, to maintain the nation’s security and to project power across the globe. The Battle of the Atlantic was pivotal to the success of the allied side in World War 2. After the fall of Europe, the main supply route for the continued prosecution of the war was between north America and the UK across the North Atlantic. Ultimately it was the successful protection of this vital sea corridor by British and allied ships from the German surface and U-boat threat that led to success in North Africa, at D-Day and ultimately resulted in the fall of Germany.

Next event
Liverpool

Date: 23rd - 28th May
Royal Navy ships arrive for the main commemorative events being held in Liverpool
Link Removed

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Jane has just driven down to the chalet in Selsey to do some more decorating, leaving me to rest for the weekend::bigsmile: :thumb::beer::wine::beerchug::drink::rollonfloor::party2::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob:winky:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Jane has just driven down to the chalet in Selsey to do some more decorating, leaving me to rest for the weekend::bigsmile: :thumb::beer::wine::beerchug::drink::rollonfloor::party2::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rob:winky:

I do so hope your lot's latest defeat at the hands of City (even after we let you go 3-0 up) doesn't spoil your party...

"New York, New York..."

JJ :Cool:

PS. Only a "friendly"...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We've got a gig tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon so staying home for the Bank Holiday.

Teaching uke workshops at the Acoustic Festival in Uttoxeter next weekend (at the racecourse, great memories of New Year's eve there :roflmto: )

Any funsters going to be there?

Might have dropped in to see you if it wasn't £35 to get in :Sad: only down the road

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
This Bank Holiday I'll start building my greenhouse (weather permitting) and will be guiding visitors around my new historic workplace.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back