Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Found in the box of goodies that came with our s/h Hymer Van 562 Silverline. Does anyone know what they are?

Attachments

• P1010450 (1024x845).jpg
    P1010450 (1024x845).jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 237

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Yes I do! They push onto the little sky light window handle. If you give me a few hours I'll take a pic of ours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ssame on our burstner they go around the lock part of the handle and clip into the frame locking the handle in place

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Sorry, thought they were part of the bed system like below.
DSC02122.jpg

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
They clip together to make a 3D representation of the Manx symbol, the 3 Legs of Man. This confirms that your motorhome was actually made at the Hymer factory in Douglas, where skilled local craftsmen can still be hired for eleven shillings a day.....

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
In the same vein, I found this packed away in the garage of our s/h Motorhome (Hymer B654 2007).
It was next to the silver screens but I can't find anywhere it fits.
Any ideas please anyone?

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
In the same vein, I found this packed away in the garage of our s/h Motorhome (Hymer B654 2007).
Any ideas please anyone?

Could it be a 'grille muffler', fitting to the bottom of the sliver screen and intended to cover the radiator grille? I know that they exist, but I've never seen one.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Any ideas please anyone?
I think that that is what Hymer call an insulation mat for the drivers cabin footwell. You screw 4 poppers (that come with it) onto the bottom of the dash and then popper it on. It is designed to stop drafts coming up from below the dashboard from cab heater vents and pedals and covers both drivers and passengers sides. It came as part of their Arktis Package that included other things such as uprated heaters, external screen cover etc.

Be careful though. When I collected my motorhome Becks said that I couldn't take it with me because they had discovered it was only suitable for LHD (had a few others like it they said). They sent it away somewhere to be altered and then posted it to me. Never used it yet.

Edit. It should have its own storage bag, and the instructions are in a plastic pouch on the bottom of the bag.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
I think that that is what Hymer call an insulation mat for the drivers cabin footwell. You screw 4 poppers (that come with it) onto the bottom of the dash and then popper it on. It is designed to stop drafts coming up from below the dashboard from cab heater vents and pedals and covers both drivers and passengers sides. It came as part of their Arktis Package that included other things such as uprated heaters, external screen cover etc.

Be careful though. When I collected my motorhome Becks said that I couldn't take it with me because they had discovered it was only suitable for LHD (had a few others like it they said). They sent it away somewhere to be altered and then posted it to me. Never used it yet.

Edit. It should have its own storage bag, and the instructions are in a plastic pouch on the bottom of the bag.

Blimey, both of your suggestions are possibilities!
The van is LHD and the 'thing' is made by Wigo (www.wigo-zelte.de) but I couldn't find anything similar on their website - even sent them an email before Christmas to enquire but never had a response. It also has a velcro strip along it's longest side.
I must say, whatever it is I've never missed it...just curious to know what it may be!
PS - Apologies for highjacking this thread! ;)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Blimey, both of your suggestions are possibilities!
The van is LHD and the 'thing' is made by Wigo (www.wigo-zelte.de) but I couldn't find anything similar on their website - even sent them an email before Christmas to enquire but never had a response. It also has a velcro strip along it's longest side.
I must say, whatever it is I've never missed it...just curious to know what it may be!
PS - Apologies for highjacking this thread! ;)
They do not appear to be on the Hymer options list other than as a component of the Arktis pack. It it is not snowing tomorrow I may just go out and have a look at mine in the motorhome.

Does it also have 3 or 4 little metal poppers along one long side? It may be that the velcro replaces them. How old is your Hymer?

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
They do not appear to be on the Hymer options list other than as a component of the Arktis pack. It it is not snowing tomorrow I may just go out and have a look at mine in the motorhome.

Does it also have 3 or 4 little metal poppers along one long side? It may be that the velcro replaces them. How old is your Hymer?

Thanks for your help.
No, there are no poppers along any side. Just (unused/as new) velcro strip along two sides as shown in the photo:

Attachments

• IMG_1711.JPG
    IMG_1711.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread