What are the odds ........

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by maz, May 9, 2013.

1. maz

maz Funster

.......... on taking your motorhome to a weighbridge and it weighing exactly the GVW on the plate?

Happened to me yesterday when I visited a weighbridge for the first time - and I have the printout to prove it. :BigGrin:

I had deliberately loaded the van up with full fuel and water tanks, and just completed the weekly shop at the supermarket. I also had about 20L in the waste water tank, sloshing about to clean it as I drove along, so that accounted for about 20kg. But having just 20kg spare on GVW was a lot closer than I thought it would be! I live in the van so obviously have a bit more stuff on board than a lot of people, but never imagined I had reached the stated 811 kg payload - which is a pretty decent figure to start with! I don't exactly have a lot of clutter. :RollEyes:

The axle loadings were actually pretty nicely spread - with 1860 of a maximum 2100 on the front, and 2640 of a maximum 3000 shared between the twin rear axles.

Anyway, today I spoke to SV Tech and the good news is that uprating to add a further 500kg to GVW is just a paperwork exercise. Not that I intend adding that much more to my payload in reality, but it would be nice to know that I had a bit more leeway than just 20kg! :Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gromett

Gromett Funster

It's worth doing if you are that close.

My MOT station has weight measuring equipment.
    Mine recorded 3200KG out of 3500KG. I was expecting to be somewhat closer than that so a good result.

The good thing for you though is it is a rare fulltimer who has a full waste tank and a full fresh tank :Rofl1:

3. maz

maz Funster

One thing's for sure, I will be filling up with water at Newbury Show (however long it takes) rather than arriving with a full tank of water. Routes in could be prime VOSA hunting territory. :RollEyes:

4. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

5. maz

maz Funster

Exactly 4500kg. :BigGrin: