What and where to buy help please (1 Viewer)

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Me again- sorry I feel like I am forever asking for help so please forgive me I will get the hang of all this soon!

Where might I find....

1) stabilisers for our Hymer 544 which type should we go for and where best can we get them from? Do other motorhomes have them?
2) An in expensive satalite dish so we could occasionally pick up a bit of UK tv
3) a ladder to get up on my Hymer bed
4) a good small lightweight table we could use instead of our heavy Hymer table which we will keep just incase we want to make the seats into a double bed

Thank you all once again

Helga x

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Me again- sorry I feel like I am forever asking for help so please forgive me I will get the hang of all this soon!

Where might I find....

1) stabilisers for our Hymer 544 which type should we go for and where best can we get them from? Do other motorhomes have them?
2) An in expensive satalite dish so we could occasionally pick up a bit of UK tv
4) a good small lightweight table we could use instead of our heavy Hymer table which we will keep just incase we want to make the seats into a double bed

Thank you all once again

Helga x

What a mixed shopping list you have. All the items you require are redily available.
Your steadies. Best to check Google for caravan breakers and buy from them. In all my years motorhoming the steadies are not something I bother with much. My present van is 10 months old and they have only been down to lubricate.
Your dish, the only guaranteed signal for your requirements is not cheap but once again try posting a wanted through the funsters, someone always has something for sale.
Before you go down the ladder route check out furniture stores. Kids bunk ladders are normally feet friendly so easier to access your bed.
The table issue is easy. It may be best to have an island table. Start by buying the chrome leg and base/table mount (probably ebay) then source a top to your required size (ebay). There is a mount and top on this classified section if you are interested.
Best of luck and I hope this has in some way this has helped.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Helga dont worry about asking loads of questions its questions that keeps the forum going.

I have the globesat system, i have managed to get UK T.V everywhere i have been so far that includes down as far as Sarlat in France and Lake Garda.
You only need a sat box if on mains you can use your sky box if you have one. Or if you wait until Aldi or Lidi get the suitcase sat system in again then you can buy that and it comes with the box which is mains and 12v power, we actually bought the kit just to get the box as cheaper than buying box elsewhere, so if your ever in Dumfries area you can have the dish and other stuff that came in the box as we dont need it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Where might I find....

When you say stabilisers do you mean drop down legs or air ride suspension

Maplins do a suitcase sat dish and receiver, though setting up is fiddly often secondhand at half price on fleabay

Thank you all once again

Helga x
A ladder and table can be found in most caravan breakers yards. or I could make them to suit your specific requirements.
Good luck with your search.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Where might I find....

Thank you all once again

Helga x

1) Marcle Leisure have two sizes.. www.marcleleisure.co.uk/

2) Maplins

3) & 4) any caravan dealer

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I bought this sat dish set up--works in seconds on a site after a practice run at home

Link Removed

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thank you this looks good and a good price1

Helga

Just remember you will still need a sat box and if using Aire's you will need a 12v unless you have hook up, they can cost more than the dish and kit off ebay where as you can get virtually same kit and box from aldi or lidl when there in for £49.99 i think.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
What to buy

Hi, regarding the stabilisers, I have a Hymer and it hasnt got any.
I dont think thay came as standard on the single axel models,

just dont fill the tea cups too high :ROFLMAO:

s

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Helga,

We have rear stabilisers, and only used them once in the seven years of ownership. They never made a blind bit of difference, so didn't use them again.

We too have the Globesat Satellite Dish, and have used it down as far as La Rochelle in France, and Bavaria in Germany.

HTH,

Jock.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
BothSlobberdob and I got the lightweight tables from Dunhelm mill.. They aren't huge and fold away and can be used for outside too, or for a computer laptop in the home....

If you get a ladder make sure it doesn't go up to the bed at right angles like the ones in the Eldiss, as you can't get out of bed down them. I had to just swing my legs over and plop down onto the floor/couch beneath. I had a couple of inches added to their feet at an angle so that I can now climb down them.

If you are going to Haganap's New Year Bring and Buy there are always 2nd hand levellers for sale .... well, up to now.:Smile:

Upvote 0

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Hi ,with regard to the satellite system,I use the B&Q hd system,got it when they had a 10% off day,with a 19 inch tv hd isn,t important so the SD sytem is also good..Also got a 90cm dish with folding lnb arm & tripod from Gumtree very cheap.we used this setup down in tarragona this year,got all the freesat channels.My brother tried the dish that came with the hd system and couldn,t get any thing.We used a multi port lnb and he hooked up to my dish that way..cheers Pete:thumb:

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
tables turning

I'm always amazed and disgusted at the prices camping,caavanning/motorhome shops charge for things like tables.I bought a great one from Quality save for about £8.99 and it's light but stable and the surface is waterproof and heat resistant.
I also think the standard fiamma tables with the one leg are total rubbish far too unstable!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back