Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I really wish you would just stop knocking Swift, Brian.

Do tell - how long did you own Swifts (because I know you haven't got one now) and what was wrong with them?

Funnily enough, very first time out in ours on the Aire at le Treport we met a very nice couple with a Hymer. It was their second because they'd been so happy with the first. It was now 15 months old and their dealer hadn't yet quite finished fixing the 58 faults Mike & Carole had found so far and had listed from new to date.

So he was quite interested to find that for £20k cheaper, we'd only found the one, which even though it was on open display - neither of them even noticed until Pete showed em it. And which Swift fixed - they'd have actually fixed it before - but we wouldn't let em have the van back until we'd finished using it for the winter.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I really wish you would just stop knocking Swift, Brian.
Do tell - how long did you own Swifts

Why ?

We've never owned one. We have owned just one motorhome. Strangely it does not leak, the door hangs proudly where it should, the floor ( or floors ) are solid, the bed would stand up to Olympic sexual gymnastics and it's never been back to have extra insulation fitted to the Luton.

This comment was obviously a bit of fun but all I ever do is state proven facts. All on record. In the boom times, before the recession Swift were wasting a fortune and alienating people with recall work, a fact I made plain to the chairman Mr Smith during his period apologising on The Dark Side.

If you want first hand comments from a Swift owner I hand you over to our very own Douglas who will fill your screen with the horrors of his Swift ownership.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At the risk of repeating myself.............

Gator Glue

I thought "unfortunate name" and looked it up.......

Limitations
· At least one of the surfaces to be bonded must be porous.
· Not suitable for polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon or Nylon.
· Surfaces may be damp, but moisture content of wood must not exceed 30%w/w.
· As product expands slightly on curing, do not use on sheet laminate. Use STICK 2 CONTACT ADHESIVE.
· Only apply between + 5 and + 30oC.
· Ensure surfaces are always clamped during use.
· Setting times will be increased at low temperatures and low humidity.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Is alright thanks cos I am a Swift owner and I'm entirely happy with their product and the way they rectify their faults.

If someone says they have another make you've also never owned and have a prob with it, you never seem to have a rant though.

I wonder why?

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Thanks for the laugh!!!

Can I just say thank you to all the replies. I must say I was a bit surprised to see 30+ responses and the banter between you all. You have all made my day :ROFLMAO:.

I will try one of the recommendations. I darent say which in case I upset someone. I will however get back to you all to let you know if it worked or not.

I do appreciate different plastics! In my past I did work in shoe factories and am aware of the different types of adhesives (was always told off for saying glue!!!) required for different plastics. I think I was hoping that a forum member had gone through the same experience and had found the definitiive answer.

Thanks to all.

Now then dare I ask about which is the best A Frame?....Think ill save that for another day when i need cheering up!!::bigsmile:

-

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
No-one mentioned tape.

Depending on surface area there are some incredible double sided tapes out there.

Please, I cant take any more :ROFLMAO:

there are going to be heated discussions re 3m tape, Packing tape Sellotape!!!

Its going to be Blue tack or white tack next!!

-

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Get hold of yourself man !

Noooooo, not there.

Remember you're British.

Deep breaths.

Now lets move on to Plastic Rivets.

Please dont say I need to know the type of plastic of the hab door, handle/tray thingy and now the plastic rivets as well!!! :Eeek:

I need a lie down.....

-

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Please dont say I need to know the type of plastic of the hab door, handle/tray thingy and now the plastic rivets as well!!! :Eeek:

I need a lie down.....

-

When the door(the large one that holds your milk in a domestic fridge) tray fell of my fridge I used a tube of sikaflex to glue it back
It's still stuck fridge plastic to fridge plastic ....

That fridge now holds my collection of wines and beers in the garage
And bottles [STRIKE]champagne[/STRIKE] of cava stand in that tray all 6 of em

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Why ?
We've never owned one. We have owned just one motorhome. Strangely it does not leak, the door hangs proudly where it should, the floor ( or floors ) are solid, the bed would stand up to Olympic sexual gymnastics and it's never been back to have extra insulation fitted to the Luton.

Boasting Brian? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
When the door(the large one that holds your milk in a domestic fridge) tray fell of my fridge I used a tube of sikaflex to glue it back
It's still stuck fridge plastic to fridge plastic ....

That fridge now holds my collection of wines and beers in the garage
And bottles [STRIKE]champagne[/STRIKE] of cava stand in that tray all 6 of em

And there you have it your honour ...undeniable proof that the sikaflex answer was correct. Any fridge able to be stuck with such a substance and then hold the weight of a tofo champagne selection must be worth the money :Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Can I just say thank you to all the replies. I must say I was a bit surprised to see 30+ responses and the banter between you all. You have all made my day :ROFLMAO:.

I will try one of the recommendations. I darent say which in case I upset someone. I will however get back to you all to let you know if it worked or not.

I do appreciate different plastics! In my past I did work in shoe factories and am aware of the different types of adhesives (was always told off for saying glue!!!) required for different plastics. I think I was hoping that a forum member had gone through the same experience and had found the definitiive answer.

Thanks to all.

Now then dare I ask about which is the best A Frame?....Think ill save that for another day when i need cheering up!!::bigsmile:

-
It's easier to type glue than adhesive :thumb:
BTW Nobody has mentioned Super glue for plastic to plastic (and fingers)::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back