What About This Route To Folkstone?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by colyboy, Jul 3, 2015.

1. colyboy

colyboy Funster

We shall be travelling up from the Westcountry tomorrow Saturday for the 16.00 train. Looking at all the hassle that could happen, what do you think of this route?

M25/M26/M2/A2 then A260 to Folkstone .

colyboy

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

If operation stack is still going then the A2 might be the only option. My son in law is taking the Duxmobile to France on a midday P&O ferry on sunday.......... ( :whistle2: ) and will use the A2 depending upon traffic reports. Or not bother and go somewhere in UK instead

3. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

deleted ..... oops

4. scousebird

scousebird Funster

yes, that route is fine but before you reach Folkestone on the A260 you will have to join the A20 and head back towards London to junction 11 (Hythe) of the M20 and rejoin the M20 southbound to get to junction 11a for the tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Ah, yes - forgot it was the train, not the boat......

6. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

There is a back way on to the Tunnel site from the end of the Elham Valley road. It WAS open but there may be barriers up during the DEBACLE going on at the moment. Go down the A2 until BARHAM turning then follow the Elham Valley to join the old A20 turn right and the small turning is a bit further on the left and swings around onto the M20 sliproad entrance to the site. It was put in for locals and those that went past the proper turning to allow them in without going back to Newingreen.
    OR follow the A 2068 from Canterbury past Farthing Common down the hill and join the M20 at the Services roundabout down to the Tunnel junction and in the main way. I would prefer the Elham valley road myself but as I live in Dover it would be better for me to go shipwise .
    Go onto Google maps and see the rout I mean, It is a nice quiet country road that I used with my Motorbike for years.

7. scousebird

scousebird Funster

@GWAYGWAY that entrance is closed while they upgrade the check-ins

Access to Folkestone Terminal Check-in between 29th June 2015 and 15th August 2015
    We are making improvements to our check-in plaza, so please note the following changes as you arrive at our Folkestone terminal:

• Access from the A20 will be closed during this period. Please continue along the A20 and join the M20, southbound, at junction 11, then access our Folkestone terminal via M20 junction 11a.
    • As you arrive at the Folkestone terminal from junction 11a, there is a short diversion through our new Freight check-in plaza. Do not stop here. Instead, follow the signs in place and continue directly towards our Passenger check-in, which is in its usual location.

• Like Like x 1