Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Thought I would share this with you,three weeks ago two weeks before our six week trip to France Italy and Germany I feel unwell and went to the Local Hostipal.After lots of tests ECG Chest xray nine hours I was passed fit.The next day the hospital rang the come back again as chest xray was abnormal.Of my wife and I went thinking it had been a bad photo.When I got the second xray I was told they didn't like it I would need a ct scan as there was something showing on my lung.We asked about our motorhome tour and they said I would need the scan first(six weeks)We decided to have the cat scan private very worried at this stage expensive needed tummy and chest.The next four days were the worst in my life for me my wife and three grown up daughters.cancelled our ferries and coudnt face coming on this forum as I thought my motorhome days were over.Lost seven pounds hardly any sleep.Now the good news my GP rang last night to tell me as I have mild COPD it was a liaison (I don't know the term)but it is absolutely safe and he said to get away on my trip although still a bit washed out we are going next Sunday.Thanks for reading this it proves to me not to Allways think the worst. Presto

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Get yourselves off now and enjoy... :thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
What a huge relief for you and your family. Now go enjoy to the max.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
presto

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Thank you on the plus side although a wee bit washed out it makes me realise how important my wife daughters and grandchildren are.Wife back to normal sorting out my chores for today :Doh:We intend to all go out for a good meal tonight.Dads Treat :RollEyes:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hello, presto

Good to hear that your diagnosis is not something more sinister. Are you a smoker? If you are, then quitting smoking is the most effective way to slow the progression of COPD.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a horrible period for you and your family, so pleased the outcome was good, makes you appreciate the health we do have, enjoy your holiday. :Smile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Beter to know all is OK.
Now you can set off with peace of mind.

Enjoy yourself & have a great time.

Learn from Yesterday,
Live for Today,
Hope for Tomorrow

Mel

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Hey Presto!!!!!!!!!

Bet you haven't heard that before::bigsmile:

Seriousy good news mate , enjoy your trip.

OP
OP
presto

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Gather you thoughts ::bigsmile:
Then BOOK the ferry :thumb:
Thank you everyone I appreciate all your best wishes this morning.Everthing looks so bright today even though the suns not out.I stopped smoking fifteen years ago and wish I had never started.So going to start and book ferry Irish Ferries have said they will keep the booking for one year €25 rebooking fee.Will start and pack with a light heart. Presto

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Have a great trip Presto.:Smile:

As others have said, live life for today - we're none of us immortal and time is the most precious commodity we have, so just make the most of every minute:thumb:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Really pleased all has turned out well. Now time to enjoy your trip!:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Glad to hear all is well now go and enjoy yourself before you do though you might have to get some new clothes with all that weight loss:ROFLMAO:

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
That feeling once you know things are ok is incredible , hang onto it and this will be the be your guide for today /tomorrow . Enjoy.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Glad to hear you're better and off on your travels. Please ensure that any insurances you may have, are notified of your complaint. Should the need arise where you need to claim, and you have'nt informed them, the the buggers wont pay out.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Good news on there being nothing serious, life is great!

Go and enjoy yourselves on holiday, we are on our way down to Sicily in two weeks time, so you never know we might meet you!

Congratulations again, just be careful that the 7 lbs you lost are not put back on with all that great Italian food.

Cheers

Bob

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had a shadow on a lung following a routine chest xray some years back. The later scan showed it was just a blood vessel, so don't panic till its confirmed as something nasty.

OP
OP
presto

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
What a fantastic bunch you are :thumb:been out round the family today. Showed them your responses on here this comman bond we have is remarkable one of my daughters commented on your kind wishes,said it was like a mutual society::bigsmile:We start getting ready for next Saturdays sailing tomorrow hope we remember everything.If not it don't matter ::bigsmile: Presto

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
You're going to France, Italy & Germany?? Missing out on Peterborough?? I suppose each silver lining has a cloud! LOL.

Seriously.. go for it and don't look back!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Presto nice to read it is not what you thought :thumb: have a lovely holiday and stop worrying :winky:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Yep nothing beats like having good family to make you realise getting the most out of life while you can............ you have done your bit so now pack the van and enjoy........
good luck and be well.........

OP
OP
presto

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Just in after a wonderful meal out with all the kids.(our three girls are in there forties not realy kids::bigsmile:)Thank you everyone again for your support.we will start our preparations for our trip leaving next weekend.The world looks so different after the horrible place I was in.Time to get on with it now.:thumb:

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
So glad all that worry is over and you are OK
Have a great trip and stay safe
Xx

frankhanna

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion A class
Exp
Since 2008
Great news....

I know what you have been through and am excited for you and your trip...Go make the most of it. Have a brilliant time.

I am typing this in my van on the beach at Port Grimaud, across the bay from St Tropez!

Frank

OP
OP
presto

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
I know what you have been through and am excited for you and your trip...Go make the most of it. Have a brilliant time.

I am typing this in my van on the beach at Port Grimaud, across the bay from St Tropez!

Frank
Thanks Frank think you need to go through it to Really appreciate the that low place we can get into_On the plus side the last few days after hearing it wasn't anything sinister as the doctors thought I feel so grateful and looking forward to getting away on Sunday.We spent a few weeks in Port Grimauld over the years so enjoy as it is wonderful but then for me even the back garden is fantastic:ROFLMAO:as I am healthy.Have a great time for the rest of your trip.Presto

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back