What a cracking day, flat out most of it - and you? (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Got up bright and early this morning, and what a gorgeous day - spent ALL day cleaning the MoHo exterior,,,,,, seemed never bloody ending. However, looking out the window now it looks stunning, gleaming, shiny and just waiting for the seagulls to come home to roost after a day stealing kebabs and ice creams, then dropping the whole digested lot - it will miss everything else and hit the MoHo for sure.
:Angry:

Anyone else done the same/similar today?

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Did the roof today in a howling gale dodging rain showers :Angry: w hoping to get more done but weather put paid to it. :Eeek:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Unfortunately not. :Sad:

Udo's back in his heated garage storage until May. Probably. Maybe.

But he was properly cleaned on Thursday. Tyres satiny shiny, too.

Perfect day for cleaning, though. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I spent half the day cutting the grass in the CL then the other half dismantling the mower because the darn drive belt broke. Oh well hopefully get a replacement in the morning and finish the last little bit ready for some funsters to arrive on Weds/Thursday. First booking of the season actually arrives tomorrow. so I hope the sunshine holds out. Hard work this retirement lark.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Spent a couple of days last week cleaning the M/H, First time since end of October:Sad:
Looking A1 now ready for swanking it at Chester:ROFLMAO:

Seagulls ain't the problem here in "clay country" it's the dust from the bloody Clay Pit Spoil tip, about a mile away, the local Primary School has a dust meter, the clay Company is allowed 30 infringments per year, they only start to worry at 27:Sad:

They were all at their parents wedding!!!:Blush:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I half washed mine on Thursday an went off to skeggy with the grandkids for the weekend for me berfday cos am now 65 lol come back Kn******d
but it was fun:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Had a great weekend at Lyndon Top. Rode round rutland water yesterday so spent today resting.
Shame I have work tomorrow.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
what i did today

Went to mates garage so I could put my Mx5 on his ramp. My horn had packed in and I decided to fit a Stobel 12v electric air horn.
Much easier to do "up in the air" as you have to remove the plastic engine under tray !! the bloody thing is held on by,
14x 6mm hex head screws,
10 plastic push poppers
6 x 10mm hex bolts
Bloody ridiculous amount of fittings !! once of had to disconnect old horn, modify the steel bracket, fit new horn !! 150 decibels !!! goy fed up of cars, trucks ect carving me as I am so low so now when I toot them they will hear it and get out of the way .
Once all put back together again it was the roof down in brilliant sunshine and then we both went for a run over the "Cairn o Mount" to Banchory, then down to Braemar on to Glenshee, Blairgowrie and then back to Dundee.
Had a fan run out and did not even have to use my new horn !! will probably have it on the trailer to the Peterborough show in a couple of weeks.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I have had a very pleasant day snuggled up in a warm bed ---------- well i am on 12 hour nights. :cry::cry:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I had a fab day clearing out everything from my kitchen and loading up everything I think we will need for when we set off touring in May. Less than 2 weeks until I retire which is the day before Peterborough so that will be a great weekend of celebration. Motorhome is all loaded and still lots of space for the last minute bits and our clothes and food. Getting really excited now ::bigsmile:

outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
took the PVC ::bigsmile: for a nice long run before we go away in it in a couple of weeks, just as well as when I got back I discovered one of the rear calipers is binding, hub was really hot :Eeek:

will need to get that sorted. :RollEyes:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Spent all day unloading the van after our trip to Morocco and Spain

It's bloody freezing here! ( well it's not really but it feels like it now that my blood has thinned out from all that sun!)

I'll get round to cleaning the van tomorrow. It'll be an all day job by the time I've cleaned the roof and hoovered all the Sahara sand out of the lockers and cupboards. And I'll have to take everything out of the garage to clean that as well. Not looking forward to it. :Angry:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Washed ours yesterday (to remove all the French bugs etc) & polished it today. It's now in the garage so hopefully not being crapped on untill its next outing(Peterborough).

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
As the sun shone all day:Cool: I washed both my car and Janes car, the motorhome had to wait as the football was on:thumb:

Rob

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Came home from Folkestone C & CC site via Tesco then cleaned the inside of the MH while Alan cleaned the outside. Then started getting it ready for our long weekend in France ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Did mine the other week so I could go for a wee run round London today and it was roasting now have sunburn and sore toes :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Did ours 10 days ago before we went to Chapel Lane last Monday - and got it mucky in the rain going down. Cleaned the roof today then ran out of time. The rest will be cleaned tomorrow in the North East sun ::bigsmile:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Busy day for me yesterday, up a ladder painting the facia boards, then set about cleaning the outside of the motorhome, we had Paintseal applied when we bought in last June, have to say using their concentrated cleaner even those black streaks just wipe off, so far well impressed.:thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Me and wfey been cleaning/polishing over the last week, finished it this morning, EXCEPT for the overcab, can't get at it safely especially with my disability, any suggestions or offers gratefully accepted!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Me and wfey been cleaning/polishing over the last week, finished it this morning, EXCEPT for the overcab, can't get at it safely especially with my disability, any suggestions or offers gratefully accepted!

I used to have a problem with our Autoquest the Chris (Freelander) recommended the Broken Link Removed. It was fine for going over the bonnet (I used to put some padding on the bonnet just in case I caught it) so that I could reach the Luton.

With the Burstner I can reach the low profile cab from my stepladders but still use Big Red for doing the upper half of the sides and back (apart from other jobs around the house).

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
re paint the wheels on my wagon.cleaned the wagon,and polished it on sunday.and I cleaned and polished the jag.now the wife wants me to do her car as well.any one know how I can get out of it.please.i am nearly 70.and very tired.but the wife wont belive me :cry::cry::Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Update on grass cutting, having hunted around and eventually found a replacement drive belt it was fitted so ready to cut grass again,
Petrol, check,
oil in sump check
drive belts check
Air in rear tyre check
air in front tyre :groan::swear::swear::swear: The damn tube and tyre went bang, well I kind of knew the tyre was perished when I bought the mower but did hope to get one cut finished. So off to the shops again,Tyre shops, garden machinery service centres. No chance no one had a 3.5 x5" tyre Mmmmm then I though what about the expanding foam stuff they use for emergency repairs so off to Halfords, explain the situation to the young (mistake) assistant who says actually its only intended for tubeless tyres, but that's a legal thing so as you are not going on the road you will be ok, WRONG it does not solidify like I imagined so another £8 down the pan. Ah well its buggered now so I just put the wheel back in and drove it on a flat tyre, steering was certainly a challenge on the corners. So now looking for a new tyre and tube on tinternet must be cheaper than the £30 +10 for tube + VAT the repair shop wanted. It is a split rim so maybe I'll just remove the tyre and fill it with real expanding foam, Then again maybe I should just make a wooden wheel or fill the tyre with sand. Ideas please.:cry:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Trikeman

You made feel guilty so spent all morning cleaning our Gertie now she's gleeming but I'm knacked still had to be done.:thumb:

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Spent the last 2 days cleaning the Moho after being in storage all winter. Got guy applying Diamondbright today. Then load up 2morrow ready for Chester on Thursday. Which will be are very first outing & rally. Really looking forward to seeing & meeting you all. (a bit nervous, as not knowing what to expect) :thumb::thumb::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Today I started searching for the paper part of my wretched driving licence...

I have the Hymer, the Wagon and the flat to search...

Fed up...

20140415_141657_zps0ea0a470.jpg

JJ :Cool:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I used to have a problem with our Autoquest the Chris (Freelander) recommended the Broken Link Removed. It was fine for going over the bonnet (I used to put some padding on the bonnet just in case I caught it) so that I could reach the Luton.

With the Burstner I can reach the low profile cab from my stepladders but still use Big Red for doing the upper half of the sides and back (apart from other jobs around the house).

Thanks , Graham, turns out neighbour has one of these type things, he says I can borrow it to finish the van off. Will do it later this week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back