Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As an ( ex ) television design engineer I whole heartedly agree with Terry
If a 2 volt deviation could pop a television there would be very few places in the world they could sell them with any surety they would not go phut !!

Most televisions are quite happy at anywhere from 11.5 to 15.5 volts !

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks Jaws that just confirms what my mate told me 8/9 yrs ago when I was going to pay above 400 quid for a proper 12v tv :thumb:
I took out an e bay add to tell everyone the same hence the simple guide bit getting people just to buy the £1 charge to pay for the add after 10 days if they found it useful. I sent the info out to above 5,000 times to people who all thanked me ! with just over 300 people paying the £1 after 9 . 10 days of the add running so that the info was there for people to send me there e mail add to send them the info.After several warnings from ebay they finally pulled the plug on my account :ROFLMAO:It turned out to be ebay sellers selling proper 12v tvs who complained and got me shut down as I was not selling anything but info :ROFLMAO:
terry
PS I know next to nothing about leccy (3 pin plug is all I am trusted with ) but my mate does. :thumb:-USED to mend every thing from tvs to computers-- A good job for me or my vans would still be wanting wiring up :ROFLMAO:

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
Just bought a 19" widescreen / dvd/ freeview / usb / card reader equiped MEOS from fleabay. Great pic quality & good VFM! :Smile:

Supplied with 12V lead & 240V mains adaptor. No problems running it on the hol we have just returned from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scamp

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Funster No
12volt tv

HI all

Looking at now buying 12 volt TV for M/H

Would welcome any sensible comments on the ones you have now, is it good, is it sensible price etc. Where you bought.

I can do all the usual checks on line etc, but really value the input from the gang.

Cheers in advance

Spud :thumb:
Hi, we have a 20inch MEOS, its fantastic, has brilliant picture quality and the price is right. We bought ours on Ebay from wedodigital. Hope this helps:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Tell me about fitting the 12 volt plug, sounds interesting.

Choice in what we do is the thing, can't beat it.

thanks for the info.

Spud
When I said I fitted it actually it was a mate who is an electronic whiz. The plug cost £2.99 from any camping store He fitted a 6" cable from the plug to the TV Ensue the polarity was correct & I'm sure you could find someone to test it etc.

ByRONic

Free Member
Nov 1, 2009
Funster No
Maplins have on special a 12v regulated power supply max. 3.2Amps with 7 various output voltages including a 12v output which is also regulated (unlike some). £9.99 usually £19.99. Wil run many 15" LCDs up to say 30 watts.

Summies

Free Member
Sep 6, 2009
Funster No
Thanks to all for the advice, I am also looking to buy my first 12V TV, My only problem is that whilst driving the TV cig lighter type socket will not work as all the electricity in the van turns off when the engine is running, and therefore i would have to use the cig lighter in cab which i already use for my sat NAV.!!!!! BTW the TV is for the kids not myself whilst driving!

I am looking for a supplier that offers an extended free garentee such as costco who offer 5 years. :Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thanks to all for the advice, I am also looking to buy my first 12V TV, My only problem is that whilst driving the TV cig lighter type socket will not work as all the electricity in the van turns off when the engine is running, and therefore i would have to use the cig lighter in cab which i already use for my sat NAV.!!!!! BTW the TV is for the kids not myself whilst driving!

I am looking for a supplier that offers an extended free garentee such as costco who offer 5 years. :Smile:

You can buy an extension that plugs into your cigar lighter and gives three seperate 12V cigar lighter like sockets that you can plug appliances into.

I'm no leccy expert so dont know whether this would do any harm to your telly.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back