Whale semi solid tube ...

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Scotties, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Hi Guys,

I know one of you will be able to tell me, can you use the Whale instant connection system with any other pipe such as the clear types.

I'm trying to T or Y into one to put on a external shower and although they have the threaded type straight connectors I've not found any threaded T's in the local suppliers,

Many thanks for your help, Richard:Smile:

2. gazznsam

gazznsam Read Only Funster

you have to use the semi rigid pipe with the push fit connectors, as they clamp onto the pipe when you push them home, and if the pipe isnt rigid enough, it'll pop out.

you can get adaptors to go from the flexiable pipe to the semi rigid stuff, but for your application this would be a bit overkill (4 adaptors to take hot and cold to semi rigid pipe, then the T pieces, then to the outside shower i presume in semi rigid.... but if it needs to be the flexi stuff, then 2 more adaptors, upto 18 different leak points.

if you can find a hydraulic hose shop in your town, they will be able to come up with what you need, i use a hydraulic hose place a lot when i fitted the wet central heating to my motorhome, use that pex 15mm barrier pipe and push fit connectors, but to connect to the eberspacher i needed to go to car heater hose and clamp fittings, and had to go to threaded fittings for the calorifier connections and so on.

3. Motomuz

Motomuz Read Only Funster

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

You mean this one>> [​IMG]

Peter

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

for the domestic plumbing market (Hep2o) you can get sleeves that fit inside the pipe and makes it more rigid and retains the round section where it fits in the pushfit bit.
    probably get 'em in the size needed.