whale autofill (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
first trip out and when trying to fill van with water using flat hose connected to water tap then to van no water would go to hose what could be the problem

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not enough water pressure to open the hose along it's full length.

Not a common problem, but I have encountered it, use a short round hose or fill using a watering can

Upvote 0

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Whale Filler

Hi,
I know your post is a couple of days old but :----
Our Whale filler has the flat hose connected to a plastic block which "plugs into" a socket on the van body. The plastic block has a check valve in it and will only allow water to flow when it is fully seated in the socket. It can be quite difficult to get the block far enough into the socket for this to work, especially if the housing is dry. If you have this type of fitting, there is a small projecting pipe inside the socket which has two "O" ring seals on it. Try smearing a small amount of vaseline on the "O" rings and in the recess on the hose end block then push the block firmly into place in the socket - it needs a fair push! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
See my comments from a previous post if you still have a problem. It might be same issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee Link Removed
A chance would be a fine thing! It has a Whale autofill system.

At the handover, the tank was filled, no problem. When I attempted a refill, no luck. Having eliminated the basic schoolboy errors I might have made, I booked it in to my dealers.

Turns out that the wires from the sensor which protrudes from the tank had been rubbing against a chassis crossmember and eventually shorted out, so no power to the solenoid which opens the valve to allow water in, or to the contacts on the filler to allow an external pump to be used.

The dealer has rigged up a temporary solution until the warranty claim is processed, and then they will drop the tank & relocate the sensor so it doesn't happen again.

Humph!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back