LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

It's not huge, but exact measurements will follow. We are still wading through the paperwork and manuals. We will be fitting a smoke alarm. Our Winnie is going to be pampered a little before we use her. Garage Tuesday. Habitation check and inside/ outside valet and a little trip to Terry if he doesn't mind. Step, by step we will get her sorted.

Would it be significant if she is 23' 9"? Might you know her?

@Terry looks like you will be needed to work your magic (y)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
@Cat53 - to explain ....

Fun had a member who was trying to sell his Winnibago and when people queried the length, thinking in view of the make it would be huge, he was at great pains to tell us all that it was, in fact, only 23ft 9ins.

He had fitted 'every conceivable' extra to the van but unfortunately had pitched the price as he thought, to reflect this. However as you know when selling anything - you don't really get a great deal, if any, money back on additions though they my encourage a buyer to choose that one instead of a similar van without them. He repeated this on so many occasions over several months, that some Funsters started to take the hiss out of him.

So, sorry - but I will always imagine any 'Mini Wini' to be that length ! And - it was a very nice van! But a bit overpriced.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
@Cat53 - to explain ....

Fun had a member who was trying to sell his Winnibago and when people queried the length, thinking in view of the make it would be huge, he was at great pains to tell us all that it was, in fact, only 23ft 9ins.
He repeated this on so many occasions over several months, that some Funsters started to take the hiss out of him..
Afraid not :LOL:
we kept Bobs van for sale on the front page for weeks -if not months -it started by bumping it but there are only so many bumps you can do so it came up on the length at 23ft 9 ins or was it 23 ft 3 ins -we never found out the correct size;)(y)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Afraid not :LOL:
we kept Bobs van for sale on the front page for weeks -if not months -it started by bumping it but there are only so many bumps you can do so it came up on the length at 23ft 9 ins or was it 23 ft 3 ins -we never found out the correct size;)(y)
terry
Did he ever sell it?

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I seem to remember it started at 28 grand dropped to 24 eventually. I think from memory that he decided to keep it in the end, possibly due to the lack of interest, his failing health, and possibly the fact that the Toy Hauler he wanted was no longer available.

I disagree terry he took a lot of stick over it and eventually stopped posting on here, he blamed his health for that.

I hope he is OK though, he was a very helpful chap lots of free legal advice and missed by many on here for quite a long time after he stopped posting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back