Free Member
May 3, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie since May 2014
After being introduced to the joys of a Motorhome by an insistent friend, we decided to jump in and join them.
We decided that with 2 children we definitely had to have bunks so that they had a little space of their own, and we wanted a pull down bed, (to give me a space of my own) so we opted for an Autoroller 700 and picked it up on Thursday.

Friday afternoon saw us joining the M1 car park for our first foray, with a multitude of calls from the 5 year old asking 'how many minutes?' But after an hour we arrived at a nice campsite to start our adventures.

Our first problem was that we found we had nothing to fill the water tank up with...oops! And we struggled with the 3 way fridge, but we had a great night, and can't wait for our 3 night expedition next weekend.

I will be posting threads for advice later, as we are complete novices at this (I'm just glad we all survived the night and live to tell the tale!) so please give us the benefit of all your years of experience!
:RollEyes:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have the 707 and love it. As well as this very useful forum there is a Rollerteam owners club website and a Facebook page for more vehicle specific information. Have fun and enjoy :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
First of all welcome to fun, what a beautiful weekend for your first away, post as many questions as you need, that's what the forum is all about, when you post make the title as to the point as you can for the best replies.:flyingwelcome::

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Welcome!

Hi
We jumped in with 2 kids 5 years ago and havnt looked back since! They are teenagers now and still want to come with us!
Get yourselves over to france and use free French aires! France is made for motorhomes, uk isn't!!!
Have fun!

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Cookiedoodle and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, definitely have to agree. Sounds daunting until you give it a go.

Wyn
Hi
We jumped in with 2 kids 5 years ago and havnt looked back since! They are teenagers now and still want to come with us!
Get yourselves over to france and use free French aires! France is made for motorhomes, uk isn't!!!
Have fun!

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
:welcome: just go and have fun........

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
10 years ago we done just the same. Our boys are 17 and16 now and many people told us not to, we did it and have loved every moment of it.
Our Boys don't come no more bug we have wonderful memories of skiing surfing and partying as well as loving trips across the channel...

Enjoy every moment, before you know it it's over ::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome:flyingwelcome:

Wishing you all many happy, fun trips in the future:thumb:

Margaret & Bill (south of Scotland)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi and welcome :welcomefunster:
You are on the start of a journey that will bring lifelong memories.
Picked up our first van 34 years ago and our kids now tell our grandchildren of the great times they had.
Enjoy every minute.:thumb:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Our first problem was that we found we had nothing to fill the water tank up with...oops! And we struggled with the 3 way fridge, but we had a great night, and can't wait for our 3 night expedition next weekend.
:RollEyes:

It's always worth going away for a few single nights to see what you've forgotten. We don't bother loading it up every time. Make sure all the essentials live there full time, so you don't forget them. (i.e. bedding, kitchen equipment, cutlery etc).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back