Westfalia Nugget (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Anybody any experience of these vans, especially the Ford engines. I am looking at two on the internet at the moment, one is 2004 with a 2.0 litre engine and the other is 2009 with a 2.2 litre TDCi engine, any comments most appreciated (I know they are tiny:))

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
2.2 is the better lump.
Ive had both as work vans and the MK7 was much better.
Also the MK7 has dash mounted gear lever which works best with the swivel seats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Westfalia build quality has a good reputation...We owned a 2003 Westfalia James Cook from new until just over a year ago...it was virtually rattle free and the cabinetry etc showed little signs of wear even after 110,000 happy miles.:)

Last edited:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Anybody any experience of these vans, especially the Ford engines. I am looking at two on the internet at the moment, one is 2004 with a 2.0 litre engine and the other is 2009 with a 2.2 litre TDCi engine, any comments most appreciated (I know they are tiny:))

One the base vans...
I have had literately dozens of Transit vans over many years in business. The 2.2 TDCI is a nice engine but bogged down with emissions kit unlike the 2.0 previous engine which in my opinion is a far better bet, The 2.0 comes in a few power output options much like the 2.2 and this is the important missing bit of info. The 100 BHP 2.0 is a gem and again IMO the best engine and power option available. The 2.2 gear shift is as said above by jonandshell better suited if swivel seats are fitted. If not the older floor shift is just nicer to use.
Westfallia is a well known name but I know nowt about them...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks to all for input, I have been compiling a short list of sub 6m PVC's and only recently came across this model on the internet after seeing one in Alcossebre in October. I initially discounted it as I thought with such a high roof that it would only have an overhead bed, which is not suitable for me( agility problems:))

I am flying back to the UK in December and hope to have a look at a few vans, both the Westfalia's are very convenient. Ideally I want a rear kitchen layout with captains seats and forward facing seat and/or lounge seat that make 2 single beds of which there are quite a few options. The problem I have is that I do not require an oven or shower space and most of even the 5/5.5m have both.The Westfalia does not have single beds but we shall have a good look and see if the layout will work for us.

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
I'm with Judge on this. Westfalia are brilliant. Had our for 10 years and the van was looking tired, but interior was still looking brand new (even though it was 30 years old when we sold it this year!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back