Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Howdy folks

We are off to Devon tomorrow. Not sure why but we are. I didnt realise the Plymouth to Roscoff ferry was only 6 hours and not an overnighter so we may hop across to Roscoff in Brittany. We have been there before but have never been further around that sticky out bit of Brittany that goes from Roscoff around to Brest.

On Google Earth it looks a bit like the west coast of Scotland to me. Any tips on places to see in that area? Good wild spots or Aires. Will have a look around camping infos tonight but just thought I would ask

Cheers
BD

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's a cracking coast Barry .. I'd say more like Cornwall than Scotland.. :thumb:

Forget Brest .. it's the pits.. it was bombed flat in WW2 and has been rebuilt with no thought to it's history ... driving through was a nightmare

For aires, I would recommend Le Palus Plage nr,Plougha and Plougonvellin. but there are tons more , many we couldn't use with the RV .. lovely people and a wild wonderful coast :thumb:

see here for location of aires

Map

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Thanks Jim

We have stayed on the Le Palus Plage nr,Plougha before and it is lovely. Never been further west to Plougonvellin though which also looks fab. Will ignore Brest (first time for everything!). Its just going to be one of those lets see what happens trips.

I wanted to stay in the UK due to the fact I may get called back up north within a week or two. Not sure if thats likely now. We toyed with idea of just belting down to the south of France but its a long way to go just to come back. If we do a bit of Devon and then a short hop to Roscoff we can soon get back I suppose if we need to or if it goes quiet leg it down to the Dordogne or somewhere. Its never straight forward! The weather dont look great for anywhere in France for September. Still at least if we get there I can eat Morbier cheese, French Bread, wine and park the van where I like!

Cheers
BD

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back