west side loch lomond loads of places. (1 Viewer)

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
Just back been camping there all my life but first M/home trip is great w,side along luss etc are loads of lay buys by the loch some m/homers not a lot , you open the side door and Bam sound of water the peace of peace,
apart from some noise of motorbikes now and again its very quiet ,
when u see a fair amount of fellow motorhomers i couldn't stop thinking its one of you guys, I need to get a motorhome fun sticker for the window.
I think that this is a tonic a medication of life that should be on prescription,
I bagged up some beer cans and carryout chippie paper and rubbish that was near by because i was happy to do so and felt that there as fcn idiots who think its ok to leave rubbish for wildlife or the water to carry it away,
I got to stay there for free away from other tents and caravans and not to be told when to turn off the tv or lights so in return leave the place cleaner than when i turned up,,
Any way hope some of you have been there or intend going over that way this year,
Motorhoming is great and FUN,:thumb:::bigsmile:

Attachments

• 2014-03-30 11.57.21.jpg
    2014-03-30 11.57.21.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 2014-03-30 11.57.31.jpg
    2014-03-30 11.57.31.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 2014-03-30 13.31.54.jpg
    2014-03-30 13.31.54.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 182

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Geo, we are going to the West side for three nights and then to the East side for another three at the end of April for a break - looks cracking.:thumb:

Really looking forward to it now - cant' wait.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
can i suggest

Geo, we are going to the West side for three nights and then to the East side for another three at the end of April for a break - looks cracking.:thumb:

Really looking forward to it now - cant' wait.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

get a quality inflatable kayak around £200 possibly cheaper ,life jackets etc . then there will be an added bonus , cycling is great there ,hope u enjoy it mellow out ..:thumb::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you , makes me get itchy feet when I read posts like that. :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks nice Geo we have spent many a night parked up on the west side, last time was just past Inverbeg so we could walk for a meal and pint.

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
cool i know what one

Looks nice Geo we have spent many a night parked up on the west side, last time was just past Inverbeg so we could walk for a meal and pint.
that was a we bit full on friday night couple of mhome vans and a truck maybe 2 we went apprx 2 down from that back towards balloch,
but all are very welcome looking, maybe try the one second from north of luss village,:thumb:

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
if u look at inverbeg on google satellite map

i was the lay by on the waterside apprx 1/4 mile inverbeg before coming from balloch , the one with trees both sides and a sandy point beach its cool a must try area,,, :thumb: worth having a wee funster meet there one weekend.... :thumb:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
i was the lay by on the waterside apprx 1/4 mile inverbeg before coming from balloch , the one with trees both sides and a sandy point beach its cool a must try area,,, :thumb: worth having a wee funster meet there one weekend.... :thumb:

What's the road like that side of the loch? I had heard it was a bit narrow in places. :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

I know exactly where you mean, I pent most of my childhood summer holidays in Inverbeg as parents had a static there and we actually lived there for 8 months while my dad was getting our new house renovated.

If we are free I'd be up for meeting over a few beers one weekend.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Was over that way a few times last year. It's excellent. Last year we did not go out of Scotland and thinking about the same again for our main trip this year. Might even do some island hopping.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hey Geo. What a fab spot you found. We are parked up in the layby now beside an autotrail and 2 caravans. Beautifjl scenery and sun shining. Fab.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Just back been camping there all my life but first M/home trip is great w,side along luss etc are loads of lay buys by the loch some m/homers not a lot , you open the side door and Bam sound of water the peace of peace,
apart from some noise of motorbikes now and again its very quiet ,
when u see a fair amount of fellow motorhomers i couldn't stop thinking its one of you guys, I need to get a motorhome fun sticker for the window.
I think that this is a tonic a medication of life that should be on prescription,
[HI]
I bagged up some beer cans and carryout chippie paper and rubbish that was near by because i was happy to do so and felt that there as fcn idiots who think its ok to leave rubbish for wildlife or the water to carry it away,
[/HI]I got to stay there for free away from other tents and caravans and not to be told when to turn off the tv or lights so in return leave the place cleaner than when i turned up,,
Any way hope some of you have been there or intend going over that way this year,
Motorhoming is great and FUN,:thumb:::bigsmile:

If we all did the same, litter could become a thing of the past.

WELL DONE SIR

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
We are at fort william next week for the World Cup dh, then looking at driving up the west coast for a few days, is it legal to just stop and park up in Scotland ?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Nice scenery.

Attachments

• 20140531_124414.jpg
    20140531_124414.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20140531_124350.jpg
    20140531_124350.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 28

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
We are at fort william next week for the World Cup dh, then looking at driving up the west coast for a few days, is it legal to just stop and park up in Scotland ?

Very much a grey area .
Scotland has a "freedom of access " policy, which is primarily designed for walkers and pedal cyclists with camping and camp fires in mind.
I believe that motorised wheeled transport is not included.
However, Scotland, particularly the HIGHLANDS does seem to be motorhome tolerant.
It is probably not a good idea to set up camp with washing lines, tables and chairs etc.
We have found over the years that if you follow a sensible code, you will be welcomed. But it will only take one idiot to spoil this freedom.
Don`t overstay in one place,
Leave nothing but tyre prints and footprints,
Take nothing but photographs and fabulous memories
Remember, if you can carry it in, you can carry it out.
Don`t abuse your privileges
Above all enjoy this fabulous region
Why not visit Northumberland on your way North or South, and make the most of your travels?

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We always try to bag up other people's rubbish and take it to a proper facility. I'd never dream of leaving rubbish behind - which is why my car always has a bag or two of rubbish inside. I do the same when out in the kayak - often collect tins and bottles that are floating in the water..... having an open kayak means plenty of space for that sort of stuff.

We live 26 miles from the nearest McD's and there is always their litter in the verges - dropped by the nameless.

We'd be up for a get together near Loch Lomond depending on dates.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back