We're off... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Back home now. Found a little pub for New Years eve and were there until 3AM so the next day was pretty much a write off!
It's called Le Lord on Rue de la Republique and is well worth a visit. The owner is a lady called Sybille who is really nice. http://www.lelord.com

Stayed at Calais aire on the way back which serves a purpose but not sure it's somewhere I would want to spend any more time than I have to. Went to the tunnel much earlier than our booked time, breezed through pet passport and ended up on a train 2 hours earlier than the one we booked.

We came off the train yesterday into such nasty weather I nearly turned round and went back! All in all a great trip and can't wait for the next one (which will be mid Feb when the boy is on a school trip skiing)
I will post a few pictures later.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi NickNic,

Glad you had a good trip, and that it wasn't at all hampered by weather. :xThumb:

and can't wait for the next one (which will be mid Feb when the boy is on a school trip skiing)
Isn't that when we usually get snowed in for days here in the UK? :wink:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Isn't that when we usually get snowed in for days here in the UK? :wink:

Even more reason to go :xThumb: As long as I can get out of the village I'm not bothered about the main roads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Saint Valery en Caux aire
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When we were at St Valerie en Caux mid September 2008, it was so busy and packed (like sardines), we couldn't get out until one of the MHs either side of us moved off. We were backed in, but facing the cliff, fourth in from the left (with the bikes on).

Sunset on the Aire 7.jpg

At midday, we were the last ones to get on. Others queued all afternoon waiting for a spot. Trying to get out the next morning was fraught with problems, ie, little or no access, and a French neighbour's dog which kept running underneath our MH every time I tried to move off. Rita was clearly upset by it all, and we've not been back since, despite it being a stunning location.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It filled up a bit after I took the pictures so was pretty busy even at this time of year although nothing like as bad as that. I can well believe it would be packed like that all through the spring/summer/autumn. As you said, a stunning location.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just booked the tunnel for the next one :D Feb half term. Not sure where we're going to go yet, we'll see what the weather forecast is like nearer the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back