We're off: France and Italy? 2017 (1 Viewer)

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
IMG_1737.JPG
Set off from Wigan-ish at mid-day Friday, horrible traffic most of the way down to our first night CL near Tring. I'd spent all of last wednesday cleaning the MoHo, only for it to be covered in sh*te from spray on the M6 and M1 within a couple of hours :mad:

Saturday off to Lee Valley for a couple of days while we have our 3-year old grandson sample Motorhome camping for a night.
Monday morning off to the tunnel, then..... ?????

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
:mad:View attachment 162774 Set off from Wigan-ish at mid-day Friday, horrible traffic most of the way down to our first night CL near Tring. I'd spent all of last wednesday cleaning the MoHo, only for it to be covered in sh*te from spray on the M6 and M1 :mad:

Saturday off to Lee Valley for a couple of days while we have our 3-year old grandson sample Motorhome camping for a night.
Best thing about motorhoming in Europe - the ????? = don't know where, but no planning necessary! Have fun, we hope to be following you later on next week. (y)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Have a great trip. We've about 4 weeks before we set off on our travels. Need to find somewhere to go bank holiday weekend first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WSandME

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
So, first night at new Calais aire (we'd tried Marck, but it was closed, needed to phone between 8am and 7pm? to open the barrier, and I didn't fancy being at the mercy of someone at the end of a phone, or not, to let us out when WE wanted out.
Calais aire good, but empty. Where are the 80-100 vans we'd normally have seen at the beach aire?
We noticed that both in England and here in France that there were very few motorhomes - or other vehicles - it's unusually quiet!
Tuesday we tried the aire at Cambrai, but it was almost fully occupied by travellers. I might have chanced it? but the only space left wasn't enticing so we moved on to Banteux.
Lovely place on the canal - the only downside was the raucous frogs in the nearby pond!

Attachments

• IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
WSandME

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Wednesday, set off towards Mutigny, Champagne region. Lovely aire, fantastic views, but nothing else, so mosey on down the road to Mareuil-sur-Ay. First look - all full, but then remember overflow just along. Another motorhomer moved his van back a few inches to make room for me, and we're in.
31C, cool beers, people playing petanque, ice cold gin and tonic....
Local bistro appears to have closed down, so swift omellette and - relax.

Attachments

• IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1765.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 19

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
View attachment 162774 Set off from Wigan-ish at mid-day Friday, horrible traffic most of the way down to our first night CL near Tring. I'd spent all of last wednesday cleaning the MoHo, only for it to be covered in sh*te from spray on the M6 and M1 within a couple of hours :mad:

How spooky! I cleaned and polished our Moho and yes Friday (left about 11.45pm on Thursday) and it was the M6 and M1 that ruined the looks. Parked on Canterbury P & R and crossed Friday night. We're in Pont a Mousson and cleaned it today and looks as good as ever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back