We're off at last!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Ven, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Ven

Ven Funster

Well after what seems like the longest wait ever our flat purchase is sorted, tennant moved in and on Monday we are off to France for four months :BigGrin: So looking forward to going back! First stop is to meet Mum and Dad (LesY) in Bayeaux hopefully for a week.

After that no firm plans but we hope to take in a bit of Belgium and Germany as well.

We will just be relying on wifi while we are away so won't visit as often unfortunately.

Hopefully we'll bump in to a few Funsters on our travels :thumb: And for those staying in the UK, I really hope the weather improves, it seems someone's nicked the summer at the moment!

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Have a ball guys and PLEASE let us know how you doing and where you are if you get to wifi enabled spot:thumb:

3. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Good for you :thumb:
    We hope to set of on 24th Aug-Calais and turn left to do Northern and Eastern France :BigGrin: Germany and Belgium have also been mentioned !
    C will be in touch-but is querying the phrase 'small drink' :Rofl1: try 'large' :BigGrin:

Mike

4. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Happy travelling. Have an enjoyable time. When we took computer with us to France last week I spent £10 posting on here so lesson learnt and used the site free WiFi

Dale

5. mick noe

mick noe Funster

good luck have a great time:thumb:

6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Sounds as if you are in for a great few months enjoy, and let us all know how you get on.

7. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Have a great time and send us some sun when you are there!
    Lucille:BigGrin:

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Ven

Have a good time and if your passing, don't forget to pop in and see the FUN flags flying on the front

Peter

9. Ven

Ven Funster

Thanks everyone :Smile: I will continue the blog once we get going, I have been poor updating it since we've been back in the UK but will start it again so please check in now and again and feel free to comment!

Mike - Okay a BIG drink or two then if you must force us ;) We're looking at Belgium and Germany too, so who knows where we might be able to meet up?

Peter - we won't be visiting for a while but after buying two vans from you in a year and spending more money than I care to admit on absolutely must have, can't live without 'stuff' for the vans :Wink: I am sure we will be back come Christmas time! :Rofl1: Say hi to Lawrence, Andy, Mark and Glenn who have given us great customer service since our relationship with Johns Cross started in 2008.

This is the first trip across (or under in our case) the water in the Kontiki, so we're looking forward to exploring in our new home on wheels.

Two more sleeps :BigGrin:

10. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourselves. So exciting :thumb:

We will be over in October for 5 weeks but depending on weather will probably spend most of time in Spain. Will travel back through Germany and Rhine.

Happy Travelling :thumb: