We're Off At Last,sites On A26 Please (1 Viewer)

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
We're off to europe for the first time in our motorhome having had only a total of 10 nights motorhoming practice, really looking forward to it.
We are heading to Italy but can't decide on the first stop so would appreciate any recommendations for a stop along the A26 towards or past Reims, we are going to Colmar then on to Italy, again not sure whether to go via Switzerland and if we do should we stop over there, we have posted on continental touring and got useful advice as usual but still haven't decided, any extra thoughts would be appreciated, many thanks in advance Kevin & Lynn
PS on tunnel tomorrow morning, have got funsters sticker in so hope to see some of you along the way.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
If you want to take a break and actually visit Reims ( and it is pretty good...!) then there is a safe aire in Reims itself which is very convenient as you can walk to the centre within a very few minutes.

N 49 deg 14.936
E 004 deg 01.208

You are looking for the signs to "Reims Centre International de Sejour "
and the aire is behind the Youth Hostel on Esplanade Andre Mairaux. It is in the "All The Aires" book but I don't have the latest one here so can't tell you the reference.
You have to go to the office first ( clearly on your left as you draw up) to lift the barrier for you. You walk to the town centre through a park and it might be an idea to ask the receptionist to show you where the beginning of the path is. The aire is free as well.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Super municipal at Lingers on top of town ramparts but park back from the edge as there is a road below.
try to get there by15.00/16.00 I don't think they take bookings but may be wrong.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back