LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well, after almost three weeks of rain in Spain we finally broke camp and wended our way north towards Blighty last Wednesday

All started off well, with reasonable weather up to Salamanca .. Then... thennnnnnnn

The rain started... Then the farther north we went the father south went the conditions ( so to speak )

Our first nights stop was just south of Burgos.. The snow was inches deep and the wind was blowing a hooly again..

Next night was at Niot.. Still high winds and the occasional flurry of snow.. Emptying the cassette was fun I can tell you !!

Third night on the road was spent somewhere.. though no idea where !!! Just another service area on another motorway
Still bitter cold and surrounded by snow drifts.. though amazingly the temperature rose a bit..

last night we actually used a camp site at Adinkerke.. All the other stops were just in the motorway service areas tucked up between all the artics:thumb:
And the only bad place we stopped at ? Yup, the bloody camp site !!
Thought we would use the camp so I could empty the toilet and clean it properly, only to find that ALL the onsite services ( toilets, showers, elsan point etc etc ) had been shut down, locked up and turned off.. And every time we turned anything on ( from the 800w kettle to the water heater ) the electric tripped out, and the trips were in locked boxes.
Fortunately not a single other van was on site so I just kept on moving the EHU from point to point :winky:
After the 800 w kettle popped another one I realised they must have swapped all the breakers for 3 amp jobbies ( we stay on the site quite a few times during summer and it has always had 16a breakers for hook up ).. So was reduced to a 400 w heater which supplimented the gas warm air system.

After that the final leg was completely uneventful .. even the ferry was on time and actually docked about 10 minutes early :thumb:

Addendum

Poxy bloody tomtom did the same trick as it did on previous models.. All of a sudden it decided that we really did NOT mean to say no tolls, and dumped us on a toll road !
Had to revert back to the good old Garmin to get us a way out then switch back to the TT ( cos the old garming is an OLD garmin and did not have the latest roads on it )

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh well welcome back :whatthe: sorry the weather is not a lot better here, but at least you can get your fire going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welll...

Amazingly, here in Narrrfook, today has been fabulous !

As it hapens, yesterday as we got to the 12 miles to home marker, the rain stopped .. Allowed us to empty the van and put everything away in the dry..

Woke up this morning to bright sunshine.. By mid day the temp in the sun in the back garden was a fairly staggering 27c !!!!! ( Yes, that was right in the sun and yes, both the thermometers read the same :thumb: ) Of course out of the sun it was a not so balmy 8c, but even so.. It was the most sun we have seen for about a month.

On top of that the three day forecast for this immediate area is more of the same.. So it looks like I managed to pack a little bit of that Spanish sun away with us and drag it home !

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Glad you both got back safe and sound :thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
On top of that the three day forecast for this immediate area is more of the same.. So it looks like I managed to pack a little bit of that Spanish sun away with us and drag it home ![/QUOTE]

No you didn't - it was already here.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome back.

Nigel and Pamala

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well, after almost three weeks of rain in Spain

I have said in the past, "is it better to be miserable in a nice warm house or miserable in a tin box many miles away". At least at home you expect misery but after traipsing across Europe we expect a bit better.

This weather is becoming as depressing as the EU economy. Got to feel sorry for the farmers, one on countryfile this week had to sell most of his herd because he hadn't been able to grow enough feed.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
Welll...

Amazingly, here in Narrrfook, today has been fabulous !

As it hapens, yesterday as we got to the 12 miles to home marker, the rain stopped .. Allowed us to empty the van and put everything away in the dry..

Woke up this morning to bright sunshine.. By mid day the temp in the sun in the back garden was a fairly staggering 27c !!!!! ( Yes, that was right in the sun and yes, both the thermometers read the same :thumb: ) Of course out of the sun it was a not so balmy 8c, but even so.. It was the most sun we have seen for about a month.

On top of that the three day forecast for this immediate area is more of the same.. So it looks like I managed to pack a little bit of that Spanish sun away with us and drag it home !

Hey - Over here please. :winky:. Come and stay on our drive for a fews days and drag that sun with you. :sin: Please .....Pretty please

Maria

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
That wouldn't have been Camping Ter Hoeve would it?

Had more than one run in with the ignorant owner over the electrics and the toilet blocks.

It's next to Plopsiland and IMHO it's a dump to be avoided.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, thats the one

We use it simply because it is within spitting distance of folk we visit there..
Next time we will just use an aires as we do everywhere else !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back