Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
October - over to the UK to see the grandchildren at end of month for school holidays.

Question is - to cross early and visit Norfolk (never been) or west coast of Scotland ( many visits as Scottish !!! )

Or stay home in the peaceful Correze ??

What do you think ??

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hmm.............. Grandchildren or stay in France? It's a no brainer............

STAY IN FRANCE :shout:

No seriously, see the kids deffo........ Norfolk maybe...........Scotland?? well it will be wet and windy and dark early (but you know that:winky:)

I'd say see Norfolk.........it's closer to you

It's a tough choice but it looks like it's your turn ::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for that !! Last visit to Scotland was in October and the weather was amazing so guess we would be lucky to repeat that !! Stayed for 14 years near Thurso but after 12 years in the South West and 10 years in France I do hate the cold !!

Very interested in Norfolk but as have never spent time there would be grateful for folks advice on this area . Don't do crowds so if very busy it's not for me !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Thanks for that !! Last visit to Scotland was in October and the weather was amazing so guess we would be lucky to repeat that !! Stayed for 14 years near Thurso but after 12 years in the South West and 10 years in France I do hate the cold !!

Very interested in Norfolk but as have never spent time there would be grateful for folks advice on this area . Don't do crowds so if very busy it's not for me !!

I would say visit Norfolk but then I'm just a little biased, It can be as quiet or busy as you like depending on where you go. Many places to see many things to do and loads of places to stay, if at all interested in history etc then Norwich has to be high on the to do list.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive spent a lot of time in norfolk holiday wise but found it a pain with a motorhome lots of parking is height restricted or exspensive especially in the north of the county much prefer the suffolk coast aldborough southwold minsmere sutton hoo

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Norfolk is a lovely county, my Daughter loved it so much as a child, that 3 years ago her and her husband and children moved there to live, they have boats on the Broads now, the best decision they have ever made, I would love to live there, some beautiful places, especially the beaches, some are remote, have a look at Sandringham ,The Queens Norfolk home is in the grounds near to the campsites, , you can go into Sandringham house, well worth a visit, beautiful campsite, have stayed there many times, can be crowded in school holidays, it is said that it is the healthiest county in England, renown for it`s longevity of it`s inhabitants. there are birds hides at Clay, seals at whittingham sands, think that is spelt correctly, the broads that is something else, have a look at Horning, Potter Heighman, then there`s Sheringham, Cromer, renown for its crabs, Great Yarmouth, you are spoilt for choice, enjoy which ever you choose.:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Norfolk is well worth a visit! Plenty to do and see, Norwich is quite a nice city in the centre 'old' part. There are plenty of coastal places to visit, lots of old disused runways from the way. Steam railways and the like.

On top of which, you really do need to experience your fuel economy rising to 50mpg:ROFLMAO:

(Seriously, you may not get that - but you hardly use any fuel as it is so flat......but do watch the locals, especially on the country lanes! They stop for no man.....and mostly pass with eyes closed!)

att

Free Member
Jul 17, 2013
Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Brand Spanking Newbie
I spend a lot of time in both Norfolk and Suffolk collecting vegetables in my artic from farms.....Beautiful part of the country and one of the reasons for buying a MH, so I can get there to experience it properly.
Plus....The people are lovely.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
North Norfolk is lovely. Must see Wells next to the sea, Blakeney,and Stifkey. Good CLs and excellent cycling on country lanes.::bigsmile: BUSBY.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
One reason us locals go away for holidays is to get away from all you furriners jammin our roads up, dunt take much doin !!:thumb:

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks folks for all your input :Smile: will let you know what we decide :)

Norfolk looks good but being an adopted frenchie a bit worried by the parking comments. Never a problem here with 8 metres of motorhome but do find it more stressful in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back