Well, we're finally in Italy if anyone's interested... (2 Viewers)

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Look fantastic, we plan to be in that area this time next year so will def. look at this again closer to the time, thanks for posting it.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
"At the bottom of the hill we noticed the ‘no entry for campers’ sign that we missed on the way up!" tip: ignore signs..locals do, they dont even get out of bed if cops knock on the door to get you to mov on! :D

we are so brow beaten by petty regs in the UK and heavy handed policing/parking.......Need some civil disobedience. great blog by the way. going to cycle those wine routes this summer:)

yes driving in and around east side of Como a nightmare, west better, then use use ferries to visit...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You are doing a grand job there. You route march existence is showing you more of Italy than we see, but we enjoy our leisurely approach.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Were usually quite happy on Aires/Sostas/Stellplatz etc. If we have any doubts we move on, from memory only ever done that once or twice in the last two years (we have stayed on hundreds, never use campsites!).

Many of the Sostas are indeed just sections of public carparks, but it suits the way we tour (pull up, get around the patch, move on..... haha)

:D

Thanks for the info.

Great update. The cycle route looks superb with the added bonus of superb food & wine. You are a lucky pair :winky:

Ciao Antony

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
I would like to go down there but the cost of tunnels etc frightens me a bit also the toll costs, what are the ACTUALLY like, Are the tolls cheaper (less dear) than France or not and can you get there apart from through the big tunnels, I went through the ST Bernard on on a motorbike and it was the same cost as the bus in front of me????? not much left after that came back through Mont Blanc and that was killer too, I hate to think of the motorhome prices.

No one should let a couple of Euro's deter them from exploring Italy, it is a wonderful country, we have been several times. Last September we spent a fantastic week in Umbria (lake Trassimeno) lots to see, Assisi for example, and it's a fairly quiet area as the northern lakes get all the publicity, hire a famous yellow scooter and go discover the Perugia region. Next we went up to lake Garda for a few days before asking the sat nav to take us home without tolls and that's exactly what happened.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great update :cool:. Glad you had a fantastic evening at La Fiorita (y)
Looking forward to the next instalment. Thanks for taking the time, it really is enjoyable reading and the photo's are great too :)

Cheers Antony

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds like you are having a good time. The Carabineri (or whatever they are called) will be able to follow your journey by the trail of broken milk dispensers!

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Loving your blog and the rest of the helpful comments. We are coming down to Italy in just over three weeks and will spend almost two months travelling through the country. Never been before, so all this stuff is so interesting. (y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, I'll be back later with the West Garda element :)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you so much for the great blog. Italy has now shot up the bucket list.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hope to be pescaria del garda by thursday latest wats the weather like anyone know

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Looks very chilly up there, keep warm.
A nice change of scenery and still beautiful, even in with the weather.
Looking forward to your trip to Venice as this is one destination my wife wants this year :).

Thanks Antony

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
off later today on my tour not sure where i will end up if i end up anywhere at all lux for diesel then swiss for next lot then down to garda if weather aint good will go lido de jesolo if thats no good will head to florence if thats no good etc etc etc lol cya all somewhere sometime prolly benidorm for most of ya t.t.f.n

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
off later today on my tour not sure where i will end up if i end up anywhere at all lux for diesel then swiss for next lot then down to garda if weather aint good will go lido de jesolo if thats no good will head to florence if thats no good etc etc etc lol cya all somewhere sometime prolly benidorm for most of ya t.t.f.n

weather finally looking up in Benidorm :) but chalk and cheese compared to :love:Italy:love: will be there this summer as we are every year.....

Salo our summer stomping ground...love the area. Blimey Chocks this a real whistle stop tour...... what's the rush:D

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
best wishes bill, safe travels, and hope to catch up sometime this year
ta andy

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
tanked up in lux 1.09e a ltr wicked now on my way to Strasbourg then swiss just having a little breather and a caffeine fix what a great sailing from hull to rotterdam its a better way to travel than dover calais and the crossin g was supurb

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Just been viewing your blog as really interested in visiting Italy in MH. Only ever visited the quite touristy places of Rome Venice and also Sardinia (enjoyed them all but not in MH tho which would be better). The places you have visited look amazing and right up our street. Thanks... your blog has given us some inspiration, just need some time set aside to do it justice.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
nicely settled now on Bella Italia and it aint changed a bit lovely views lovely wine wicked lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back