well we finally DIDN'T pick up the MH

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Welsh girl, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

after telling us the mh was finally ready after running around 3 branches and waiting 3 months to get it , they have got it wrong, the wrong freezer under the bed and, the wrong solar panel and the wrong tracker on it, they have said that they will change it to the correct ones but the freezer will have a fan on it and it is to be under my bed along with a 40 watt solar panel to run it which dealer wont believe me when I say that it won't run freezer, what right do I have to reject the van after putting a large deposit on it? I have lost all faith in the dealer, they have misled me all the way

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Debatable the rejection if they can supply excactly what you have ordered, if they cannot, just tell them summer is coming and you have waited long enough and you want to enjoy it in your own van and ask for your deposit back as they cannot supply exactly what you have ordered.

Peter

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

It must be horrible for all that excitement and anticipation to turn sour. Rejecting a vehicle is possible, but you really should take professional advice. If you have an order in writing, then force them to deliver upon it, that might be the fastest way to get away in and enjoy your motorhome, which is of course what it is all about. Best of luck:thumb:

4. sandils

sandils Read Only Funster

Oh dear

how utterly disappointing .....Hope they sort it out and offer you compensation for all their mistakes.....got me worried as we are waiting for our new MH and we have ordered extra's too.Hope my bits haven't been put on yours and I'm getting yours:Rofl1: If so we could arrange to meet at the dealer and get them to swap it over:Rofl1:

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Run a freezer off a 40W solar panel what planet are they on:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Not even on the equator in the middle of summer although at the north pole Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. robnchris

robnchris Funster

This just doesn`t add up, a 40watt solar panel wouldn`t and never will run a a freezer, 3 months is a long time to get something totally wrong.
    We feel so sorry for you that what should have been a pleasant and exciting time has been reduced to a confrontational debate.

Our suggestion would be to tell the dealership you aren`t taking onwership of the motor home because it`s not what you asked for and not was agreed upon.
    Did you agree a finacial agreement on the motor home, if so they won`t want to lose your buisness because of an inept dealership.

The last thing they will want is for you to walk away telling them to stick it unless they get it right as agreed.
    All to often we drive away in the motor home and then struggle later to get things put right.
    So leave it with them and don`t accept responsiblity.