Well its sold (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well as far as it can be sold until the contracts are done and dusted. :Sad: And they want us out before the 28th Feb so we will have to get a move on. :Eeek:

Its been on the market now for 8 months and this is the first offer we have had, only 5 people have viewed it, you know the markets bad when not even timewasters have bothered.

Didn't get what we wanted, but as they say, if you can't get what you would like, like what you can get. So for the next year at least we will be fulltiming in the RV until we sort out our flat.

Now comes the part I ain't looking forward to, clearing the house :cry:

Ian

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Well done, it is a very unsettled market out there.

Will the flat be your base when you get it sorted out, and are you staying in the same area.

Later this year we are in a quandry of what to do Rent out our house, sell it downsize to a flat, because we are going of to do some long term travelling.
Bit worried about downsizing to a flat and not being able to go back up again if its not for us.

But if we travel and rent out, a flat would be easier to maintain.

Just wont be able to keep the house and not rent out.

But once again well done.

Pat

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Pat we have a biggish shop in Ipswich which used to be a house, so we intend to convert part of the upstairs into a flat. The reduced selling price has curtailed our plans a bit through :Sad: as the first project is to convert the downstairs into two units, the wife will keep one for her hair and beauty, and we will rent the other.

If it means living in the RV for longer so I don't have to borrow any money to do this, then I think that's what we will do. Only thing is we don't know how we will take to fulltiming, so if we hate it, we may have to change our plans.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Good news Olley ..

now the hard work starts ... it's an unenviable task, I remember how much work it was..

Have you found a site for living in the RV ?

Jim

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Congratulations a new door opens for you - so exciting ! Good luck

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Look upon it as a new adventure and enjoy it. How anybody manages to sell property now days is beyond me and its going to get an awfull lot worse before it gets better.

We will be away for extended periods of time now that we are retired but I couldn't bring myself to sell my house.

Interestingly more and more people around my way are carrying out major extensions/improvements to their property rather than try to sell it at the lower prices that they are going for, only then to have similar problems when they come to buy another.

Anyhow, keep us posted.
Jim
:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well as far as it can be sold until the contracts are done and dusted. :Sad: And they want us out before the 28th Feb so we will have to get a move on. :Eeek:
Its been on the market now for 8 months and this is the first offer we have had, only 5 people have viewed it, you know the markets bad when not even timewasters have bothered.
Didn't get what we wanted, but as they say, if you can't get what you would like, like what you can get. So for the next year at least we will be fulltiming in the RV until we sort out our flat.
Now comes the part I ain't looking forward to, clearing the house :cry:
Ian
[FONT=&quot]I'm sure yours will run like silk olley, unlike one we have just sold. The final stage was a nightmare, contract exchange was held up by the purchaser solicitor until one week before the completion date. "wouldn't pay them in shirt buttons" It's all done and dusted now but it was an experience to be sure[/FONT]. Great to look back on.:thumb:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well I was a bit depressed this morning after I accepted the offer, we didn't "need" to sell, but I kept looking at the financial situation, all three of our shops are suffering with the recession, and I could see that in 4 years time when I am 65, we would probably owe the bank just as much as we do now, and we just thought, "this is stupid"

Interest rates are going to rise, if not this year then next, and we couldn't see the point of working just to pay the interest. And how long before house prices recover? is it worth waiting? Knowing my luck, in 6months time house prices will have shot up 50% and there will be queue's of people wanting to buy one. :cry:

Cheered myself up reading the good wishes on here, and looking at the plans of the shop, dreaming of how we can alter it, but we have got to get it right, as the rents will be our only pension. So we will live in the RV for a few months to see how we get on, and then decide exactly what we will do.

So as has be said its an "adventure" :thumb:

Ian

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
sold

good news Olley,well done and good luck with your new lifstyle.exciting times ahead:thumb: regards brian,jo and josh

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Best of luck in this new chapter Ian :thumb: do you have a nice CL lined up to park the RV on?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hope all goes well for you Ian. With big decisions like this there are always arguments against it being the right time but, in life, you have to go for it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well done on selling friends of ours have been on the market 12 months now and still not sold, yes the difficult time is sorting everything out, yet the best is probably yet to come you may love the freedom full timing brings you and wish you had done it years ago, which every way it goes all the best.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Cheered myself up reading the good wishes on here, and looking at the plans of the shop, dreaming of how we can alter it, but we have got to get it right, as the rents will be our only pension. So we will live in the RV for a few months to see how we get on, and then decide exactly what we will do.
So as has be said its an "adventure" :thumb:Ian
Good luck with that olley I also have plans to build and divide on a corner plot that I have. I had an informal chat with the solicitor this week followed by an informal meeting with a planning officer at our local council. One cost £150 for 15 mins and the other was free.
I would recommend an informal chat with the planning office before you start your planning application.
The planning office is extremely helpful and has given me some confidence that an application should go through without any serious problems but nothing is guaranteed.
I am now getting my planning amended and will submit it in the next couple of weeks. They should turn this around in 8 weeks. If you want to share any knowledge let me know.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You see how bad us RVers have it buttons,
We'll sell the bl**dy house to buy fuel:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Robbing sods those planners @£150
:winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Or they must be expensive solicitors where Buttons lives.

£600 per hour....

Unlikely.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done and hope the sale runs smoothly. We did similar 18mths ago we sold our nice new modern house and bought another flat with some of the money and are looking at buying another house shortly if we can find one at right price.
We are slightly different from you as we are only in our early 40's but thought sod this why pay all this money to stay here when we can be spending it on holidays and stuff downsizing does take a few months to get used to but now we know we made the right choice just need to buy something else as remainder of money isnt earning anything in bank compared to the 2 flats we rent out. We are in no hurry as we have took on a small part time job as caretakers for a local trust and have a free house so this will allow us to buy a house and take as long as we want to do up.

Good luck
Gerry

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I would recommend an informal chat with the planning office before you start your planning application.
The planning office is extremely helpful and has given me some confidence that an application should go through without any serious problems but nothing is guaranteed.
I am now getting my planning amended and will submit it in the next couple of weeks. They should turn this around in 8 weeks. If you want to share any knowledge let me know.:thumb:

Hi Buttons luckily enough we don't need planning, as we don't intend to alter the frontage, and from previous conversations with them, they don't give a monkeys what we do inside.

Ian

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hope it all works out for you Ian,you're gonna need the outside telly for those long summer evenings sat outside the Rv drinking lots of cider!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,John P.:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Congratulations on the sale I sure don't envy you clearing your stuff out, dreading the day we decide to sell and that will be sooner rather than later. :cry-smile:

Good luck with the new project.

All the best Rick.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Oh, yes indeed, we wish you every good wish that is possible, Ian.

Clearing out the house, isn't as bad as it might seem at the outset - and what is more you get to come across lots of lovely memories that you have squirrelled away - so enjoy the time you have remaining there.

You don't need luck - what will be, will be - but Mo and I do hope that everything that you could possible wish for - comes true!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Or they must be expensive solicitors where Buttons lives.£600 per hour....Unlikely.
Thought that I had better clarify this price before slobadoberbob see’s how much he could be earning if he returned to his profession.
The price was £149 that included vat and time outside my visit to inspect my title deeds to confirm they have no restrictions to dividing the land, so relax Bob it would not be worth the effort after all.:winky:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Congratulations,Olley. It not easy to sell at the moment. Good luck in your new life.
When we moved last time I made thirteen trips to the tip with stuff i had collected which couldn't be recycled. So you are not alone in dreading clearing!:ROFLMAO:
Lucille

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Congratulations,Olley. It not easy to sell at the moment. Good luck in your new life.
When we moved last time I made thirteen trips to the tip with stuff i had collected which couldn't be recycled. So you are not alone in dreading clearing!:ROFLMAO:
Lucille

That will be her shoes taken care of then, just the clothes to go. :Doh:

Ian

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Good luck with the new chapter in your life. It sounds like you're in for interesting times.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Olley it will be good!
We sold up last Sept and took to the van, after 5 months we are still enjoying it and we haven't been abroad yet:Eeek:
We only had our lovely '30s house to sell and we have only the money to fall back on now but we still think it was the best decision:thumb::thumb:
Very good luck in whichever you decide.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
With scotjims help I have been clearing the workshop this week, filled an 8yd skip and ordered another. Jim reckoned he was an accomplished hoarder, but after seeing all my crap, he now realises he's just a beginner. :roflmto:

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim reckoned he was an accomplished hoarder, but after seeing all my crap, he now realises he's just a beginner. :roflmto:

Ian

Ian, you make Steptoe look like an amateur .. :roflmto:

how may people keep a mannequin in the workshop :Eeek:
:ROFLMAO:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hi Olley - we went full timing 2 1/2 years ago now and dread the thought of having to go back to bricks and mortar - life is so much more relaxed and fun and where ever we go we are at home - just different neighbours and a different view - for over 40 years we had been hording things away and for what purpose, most of them were put in a cupboard and tucked away for posterity. Now we have sorted out everything we have just what we need - no hassle with anything and go where we please. The wife loves the fact she only has 10 mins house work a week. In the coldest of weathers we have been toasty inside. One thing I would always say to people is keep a property - not necessarily the one you have lived in but invest your money in property(s) it will always be the best investment and apart from building value the income however much is a usefull addition to any other income you may have

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Landy after paying the bank off, what money to invest? ::bigsmile:

We still have our shop, just got to keep the wife working in it to keep me in comfort, and pay for gas for the RV. :winky:

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back