Well I think it's a bargain (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've just booked a 3-week break on one of these breakaway holidays that you see in the newspapers, for just over one hundred pounds. 4 nights on a campsite in the Dordogne, in a 3-bedroom chalet, or lodge or whatever they call it, for £80, and a £26 surcharge for the motorhome. My son and his family can come and stay with us for those 4 nights, and we get to use the campsite facilities and do some clothes washing etc while on site. We do not need bedding which they charge for, since we have that with us in the van, and I have suitably timed the included P&O sailings to give us 3 weeks in total which will be spent on aires. Result!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have on quite a few occasions used that type of booking when going to le Man for the racing , never used the site, sent an email each to say we have had a change of route, just used the ferry crossing, could never match the price

You can get similar deals staying in your own motorhome or caravan on sites (y) good for out of season timings

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I've just booked a 3-week break on one of these breakaway holidays that you see in the newspapers, for just over one hundred pounds. 4 nights on a campsite in the Dordogne, in a 3-bedroom chalet, or lodge or whatever they call it, for £80, and a £26 surcharge for the motorhome. My son and his family can come and stay with us for those 4 nights, and we get to use the campsite facilities and do some clothes washing etc while on site. We do not need bedding which they charge for, since we have that with us in the van, and I have suitably timed the included P&O sailings to give us 3 weeks in total which will be spent on aires. Result!
Cheapskate. Take them all on a Caribbean Cruise, you have the money you saved when buying a shoddy old motorhome. Treat them!! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back