Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Went to collect the MH today from warranty repair in Telford. On the drive back, roads were mucky and I spent a lot of time using the screen wash.

Then I discovered if I press the little button in at the end of the wiper lever (as I did by mistake) I have a trip computer!

Now I am a gadget freak, of that there is little doubt, but I never discovered this until today - just over two years since we got the vehicle. Does it not prove that men do not read instructions?

Instant fuel consumption, trip fuel consumption, trip average speed, trip time! Great. Must remember to keep my eyes on the road as well though.

What have YOU discovered well after buying something?

Steve

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well, just now I discovered that not all of us plebs know that we have a trip computer activated by the button on the end of the stalk.............:roflmto:........:thumb:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've had my Skoda car for 5 years and last week, by accident, I found that if I turned the key in the door and held it, the windows go up and down!

Doh! I've lost count of the number of times I've got back in the car and turned the ignition on when I've forgotten to close them ::bigsmile:

..and I've got one of those trip computers on the end of the stalk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am constantly finding things that I did not know what they were. All the instructions are in German so I do have an excuse :Cool:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Went to collect the MH today from warranty repair in Telford. On the drive back, roads were mucky and I spent a lot of time using the screen wash.

Then I discovered if I press the little button in at the end of the wiper lever (as I did by mistake) I have a trip computer!

Now I am a gadget freak, of that there is little doubt, but I never discovered this until today - just over two years since we got the vehicle. Does it not prove that men do not read instructions?

Instant fuel consumption, trip fuel consumption, trip average speed, trip time! Great. Must remember to keep my eyes on the road as well though.

What have YOU discovered well after buying something?

Steve

Did you know on the fiat x 250 multijet....if you just touch the indicator up or down (not fully push it up untill it clicks) the the indicator will flash thee or four times then stop:Doh:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It took me just over 2 years to find a secret compartment in the van to keep passports etc in :Doh:

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Yes, discovered that by mistake too, but at least found out when it was new!

Steve

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have a handbook file 2008 on my laptop but the size is too large to upload unless Jim can do it somehow from email

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Many years agoI had a ford Zepher, I stopped outside work and went in to get some keys, when I tried to start again no ignition, :Sad:, Luckely for me a guy I worked with new what it was, it was simply I had left it parked with the indicator arm on, I had, had the car for months but must have not done that before, I have never heared of that ignition cut off before or since :Eeek:: could have been worse I might have started pulling things apart trying to fix it. Pete

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Well I never

We had our camper for three years before we found that we couldn't light the oven unless the tap for the fridge was on also :Doh:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Just found the button that locks the habitation door in the drivers door, next to the electric mirror adjust switch. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back