Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Well done Les. :thumb: Good to hear of another 5er.

Hope time fly's for you.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Les does your wife know your telling everyone "her right one is about shot":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sorry it just amused me when i read it:Blush:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Be VERY carefull with Camptons!
On the phone, they will tell you that thier policy is an all in one policy (ie, the Nav and the 5ver covered on the same policy) and I do know of people that have recieved just this.
However, when we recieved our policy documents from them, even though I SPECIFICALLY
asked for the policy to include daily comuting for the Nav (we still work for a living) when it came back, the documents exempted comuting of any kind! No explanation was given or forthcoming.
This was bl**dy inconvenient to say the least and it was pure luck that we are able to rely on my wifes car for comuting.
I would also add that ffiona and I BOTH found Camptons attitude/demeanour on the phone to be abrupt to the point of rudeness!

Due to previous experience, we wanted to insure via NFU at Louth. We'd heard lots of good reports about them and had quite a few VERY helpfull and friendly phone calls with them for advice when we were first looking into buying a 5ver. The only reason we didn't use NFU is that thier policy changed this year. The underwriters re-wrote the policy (for new customers) to make it 2 seperate policies for the truck and the 5ver. NFU are absolutely livid about this and have told me straight that it's cost them a lot of buisness. As NFU's policy is, at the moment, a 2 part policy, it is working out as more expensive than Camptons THIS YEAR.
They are actively working (or so I was told) to have the policy re-instated as a 1 part policy which will once again make it competetive. As soon as this happens, I will probably cancell my Camptons policy and go with NFU.
This is based on the convenience of comuting cover and, most important to me, attitude on the phone with customers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I think that the key with Insurance is to shop around, there is no "one size fits all" policy for 5'ers any more than there is for standard motor cars.

You pays your money......................you takes your choice ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rob

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hi where ever you go for your insurance read the small print thoroughly and decide what you want cover for - for instance is just the trailer covered or is the contents extra - the blanket comment some insurances give oh thats covered with the house insurance need to be checked - does your house ins cover it. You have just made one of the biggest investments of your life - is it covered for replacement by new for the first 5 years ? does that include the 'extras' that you will put in batteries - gas bottles - tv - dvd - sun loungers - hoses - dump pipes - Sky dish - etc etc adds up to a fair old wack on top of the trailer value - if you are away from home you are homeless - are hotel bills covered. are legal cost covered . someones signature on here is Good no cheap - cheap no good - its very true and all too often you only find out when you need it most

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
A belated well done Les hope you enjoy the experience . I seem to remember you originally posting about Celtic Rambler its funny i'm camped in Spain close to a Rambler owner and his experiences make me even more convinced that we made a wise buy enjoy.................. Alan

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Thanks mate, Yes I know what you mean, I went to NEC and viewed/inspected a Celtic Rambler and then we went straight to the Calder Kountrylite and there was no comparison we knew straight away which we were having, The Celtic Rambler was 52000 and there was nothing with it virtually, I have just one problem now, We have got to wait for it and being over Xmas New Year it is going to take longer.
:shout::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
The wait will be worth it, even if it seems to be forever at times, and im glad that more females are getting to grips with driving 5vers. I was feeling a bit lonesome out there but some of the looks and double looks i get from other folk are very funny and i wish i had a camera to hand to capture them especcially when im reversing it,Im sure that a couple of blokes watching me put it back in storage between our neighbouring vans the other week would of fallen flat on their backs if i had waved a feather at them

maggie

Last edited:

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Hi, a belated congratulations from us too.

We have ours insured with Camptons and I when I spoke to them on the phone I stressed that the Nav is to be used daily for commuting to work. The lady was very helpful and we did get what we asked for.

Love ours and also love the ability to just drive off in the Nav. Hubby can't walk too far these days and so it is ideal for our way of life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back